What's new

Camber Pollow Top For S15, do i need them

N

nicks15

hey guys,, just wanted to know for my s15..im getting the tein super street with out top on them.. the guy said i can use the existing one on the car.....

is that true?

or do i need the camper pillow..

i just called up fulcrum and asked them if i need the camber top they said i will for the s15 coz the s15 has not camber ajustmant and if it's going to be sitting lower than standard it will need it !!!

and i will be lowering it to 10 cm of the ground.

coz it will be hitting against the iner guards!

please help me out . im lost/

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Camber adjustment at the front is limited and non-existent at the back. If you plan on slamming it, you will need pillows at the front, and unless you like buying new tyres every few thousand km, you'll need a host of alignment parts for the rear (adjustable camber arms, adjustable toe arms, adjustable traction arms).

R

R3N

are traction arms really required at the back? i've always just assumed it was just rear camber and toe

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I would recomment getting the pillow tops. Without them you will be stuck with the standard camber setting. If you plan to do some spirited driving, you will need some more camber on the front :)

N

nices15man

i just fitted these to my car last week
i didnt get the top mounts and ive got them wound all the way down (of course haha)
but yea the front sits pretty straight but the rear is on a pretty seriouse angle and i cant hold traction anywhere near as well as i used to.. but i dont think the rear tops tein supply have camber adjustment..? i think its only the front, correct me if im wrong, im gonna order some rear adjustable upper camber arms, im led to beilive that these will solve my problem

N

nicks15

i was talking to my mates last night, one said the australian spec ones dont go as low as the jap delivered one! is that true?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Unlikely, as they are mechanically identical. Its the exhaust and wheels which dictate how low they go. The wheels are OK if you want to run them with 45 degrees of camber :wack: Some people don't mind, but the prospect of having just a 1 inch strip of tyre touching the road scares me somewhat.