What's new

Craig's S15

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I think it looks a lot more agressive without them. Suppose it's only a 10 min job to refit them if I changed my mind too! :)

Reaction score
Definitely without the fog's chap.. without a doubt it looks so much cleaner and meaner..I am so jealous of you car.. I am chasing you though, when all my mechanicals are done the big spruse up is on.. you have inspired me. Or more like a kick up the arse and shown me how a S15 should be done.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
How much are a set of the blanking plates out of interest Craig?
I'm not sure yet mate. I don't even know if you can get them for the aero bumpers..? I'll have a look on FAST soon.

Definitely without the fog's chap.. without a doubt it looks so much cleaner and meaner..I am so jealous of you car.. I am chasing you though, when all my mechanicals are done the big spruse up is on.. you have inspired me. Or more like a kick up the arse and shown me how a S15 should be done.
Cheers :) I got my inspiration from Petrol on SXOC. If you haven't seen his thread already then it's certainly worth a look. It'll take hours to get through the lot though!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I vote for with, but it still looks good without.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Oh yeah, I forgot about the 500g saving!! :)

I've been out on my local sprint track again this weekend. Great fun and massively impressed with the amount of rear end grip since the work over winter. Just had a touch of understeer on the final corner but a new pair of fronts should sort that out. R888's maybe?!

Photos were taken by a friend

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Cars looking good mate :thumbs:

Defo get rid of those fog lights and just mesh the holes like I have done (I also had to chop some of the bumper away and spray my washer bottle black so it was not so obvious from the front).

Ive got a set of fog lights and blanking plates sat in my garage, no idea what they would be worth though...

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate :)

The more I look at the fogs the less I like them.. They're huge! But I don't want to cut the bumper though incase I ever change my mind.. Need to find myself a set of blanking plates! :) I'm not sure what the fogs are worth. Not a huge amount I imagine as there's not much demand for them..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Other thing to try would be to tint the fog lights black,u can get smoke tint film would make them less noticable and you can still remove the film after if you want to sell them or don't like them. Just until you manage to find a set of blanking plates,just an idea

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Something bad has happened today..

I jacked the car up to remove the front disks as I wanted to get them skimmed due to a slight judder under braking, but it became obvious that one of the tension rod bushes was on its way out as there was 'goo' seeping from it which I guess was causing the judder. One thing lead to another, as usual, which resulted in the entire front end being stripped off. And I mean, everything!
I've always wanted to do the front of the car as I did the rear, so here's my chance. I'm unsure whether to remove the engine subframe too - would it be ok to support the engine with a plank of wood under the sump while the subframe is off?

I'll drop everything off at the platers/powder coaters on Tuesday, and pick it all up on Friday for a rebuild next weekend! As long as I can get 2 new track rod ends by next weekend too. Pics to follow in the morning.

:)

Reaction score
Country
Oh man that's not good.

I hope your car be ok for the track session mate.