What's new

Craig's S15

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nah, I don't own it Allan. It belongs to where I work so I have rented the space for a month. I think it was something daft like £16 for a month. I'll probably use more than that in electric for the heaters! It's got a compressor, press, parts washer etc too. :D

There's a ramp in there but I can't get on it because my chassis rails touch the wheel guides way before the front wheels get close. :(

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
thats pritty good dude! our work is crap they charged my mate £30 a day while his GT4 was having the gearbox redone (monster job!) the way they looked at it was the full cost of a day the work lost with one rap done was say £500+1000 as they couldnt bring in extra customers to get work done
your work isnt looking for anyone are they? :wack:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I don't work in a garage and the workshop isn't a business. It's just a spare building that they had and a group of people clubbed together and got a donation to buy the ramp and a few other bits to get it going. They just charge people a couple of quid to use the ramp and membership is around £15 a year. It's a handy little thing to have. :)

If it was a normal garage then space is money. £30 a day to hog a ramp isn't too bad really when, like you say, they could be earning hundreds from it.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well, I removed the subframe today :) Couldnt believe how much it all weighed. Now I can see why they put an alloy subframe in the 350Z!

Managed to load it in the back of my car with some help, so I can bring it all home and work on removing the bushes etc in my garage, then the frame and arms etc can be sent for powder coating and nuts/bolts for plating.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
looking good mate - doesn't take that long really does it :)

love the progress - keep it coming ;)

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
btw, little wierd thing i noticed, appears the subframe on your car is ever so slightly different to the one on mine - interesting??? i thought they were all the same....is it a very late/very early model?

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
The next step is the most difficult of them all - decide what colour to do everything!!!?!

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
mate tell me about it, i had 3 colours in mind, blue, silver and black......

then the piles of parts kept getting swapped around as i changed my mind endlessly lol.....

i'm gonna be a bit of a cheapskate, nismo rear lower arms are the same as standard except painted silver with a nismo sticker.....i'm gonna make mine look-a-likes lol. why not, i have rotas anyway so everyone already knows im a fake :D

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Haha - well you said it!! :p My current plan is to have the subframe black and all of the arms (incl adjustables) and brace bars gunmetal. Only problem with this is my new Whiteline ARB's are silver, so should I leave them as they are or get them stripped and coated gunmetal!? But those plans may change as I'm still not sure at all.

All I know is I want it to be subtle enough to pass as being original to the untrained eye!

What differences have you spotted with the subframes??

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
it looks like the front portion of the subframe on yours where it goes up to the front mounting points and traction arms mount is multiple pieces of metal welded together to form the shape, but on mine (which is probably the older design - 2000) its formed out of one peice with no holes or webbing in it......?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Orange !!!! Do it orange!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking good mate, would be ace to have something like that around,I was sayin to someone the other day if I had money I would buy a warehouse chuck 4 or 5 ramps in it and rent the ramps to people be a great idea

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Lol I am on my blackberry and it goes to the last read post so I missed the part about wanting it to look like standard lol
Still reckon the contrast of orange against the grey would be uber :cool:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I see where your coming from and do think it looks cool but I want it to blend with the rest of the car. I'm trying to keep everything black, grey and silver so it'll be a choice between them colours. :)

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
I plan on doing most of it all black tbh dude silver and grey will look a bit weird but what i had in mind was everything black and either powered coat all the arms green or keep them driftworks orange :)