What's new

ECU identification

Reaction score
Country
ECU identification *Updated with photo*

Hi guys,

I need to see if my car has got a standard or aftermarket ECU. Is there an easy way to tell by looking at it in the cage? E.g colour differences, codes, markings? I've undone the screw and taken the connector off but was none the wiser at that point.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Japanese tuners usually put a sticker on, but yeah 4 screws and you'll see for sure.

Reaction score
Country
It should have a label on it. If it says Nissan then there's a good chance it's oem

Reaction score
Country
Amuse usually do Hondas I think but its a good tuning company

Reaction score
Country
Thanks guys. Just pulled this out of the car, never heard of them...
Really? They make rather high quality goods for various brands of cars...

Amuse usually do Hondas I think but its a good tuning company
They will tune everything really. They are known for "balance" when it comes to the overall mods done to the car.

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
I had always assumed Amuse were Honda tuners. The S2000 is legendary. Nice find!

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the info guys. I'd never heard of them but I've now seen their S2000! Very nice.

Reaction score
Country
This is only a chip. I thought it was a daughter board like the Nistune that can be mapped.

Pretty crap chip if it's off the shelf and can't be remapped...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
what you will find (sorry if its already been said) the chipped rom if its actually in there will be for a different setup to what you currently have, maybe close enough to run the car but not right enough run the car hard without causing issues, as in stock maf and injectors, raise rev limit, a few things like that but since they are basic tunes if you do something like remove the BOV recic and make it vent to the air it will upset the tune more then a factory tune will....

this is what i found out for your ecu : so they are you tell them what parts you have and they guess a tune for your setup..... problem is do you know what the tune they setup was for? as in what mods......

from the amuse website:
[FONT=フォント名]Silvia S15 S14 S13[/FONT] [FONT=フォント名]Turbine KIT-SPL[/FONT] [FONT=フォント名]¥ 118,000[/FONT] [FONT=フォント名]Current car setting fee included.[/FONT] [FONT=フォント名], GT2835, T517, 518 other GT-RS,[/FONT] [FONT=フォント名]
[/FONT] [FONT=フォント名]The price depends on the vehicle Improvements.[/FONT] ���R

Reaction score
Country
As you say, the problem is I don't know what setup it was actually chipped for and probably can't find out unless I sent it to Amuse themselves. I haven't altered the spec of it since it was imported though so it's certainly nothing I've done.

I'm looking at getting a Nistune for it instead so I know everything is 100% for it.

Reaction score
Country
I Want to get a Nistune put on this now, but not sure how that'll work with this Amuse chip on? Is it something that can just be taken off again?

Here's the inside of the ECU..

Reaction score
Country
You probably should get one of those two on the job tbh. But anyway, the nistune board will replace the amuse one.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks Clarkey. Only reason for not is that they're nowhere near me so getting there would be a nightmare and any tweaks would be a long way to go for.