End of an era...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Well, this rather blurred photo is what I saw as my S15 was driven away by its new owner this evening... :(

I recently made the decision that I would be moving back to Oz next year :D Obviously, with that decision comes a load of other necessities, particularly cars.

Until a couple of weeks ago, I had three of the buggers! The Ute sold a couple of weekends back (hooray). I happened to make a passing comment about a month back that I would probably be selling the S15 next year. Within half an hour, I had three PMs from people enquiring! :eek: One of these people was Evilchap on SXOC, who had plans to do an RB26 conversion on his S14a. He asked what my price was going to be. After more conversation, we had agreed a deal. He'll be doing the conversion on the S15 :thumbs: (well...Buffy on SXOC will :p ). I hadn't intended to even advertise it until I got back from my Christmas/NY sabbatical in Oz, but the opportunity was there on a plate. Going by how many people have struggled to sell their S15s, it was too good to refuse.

I could have probably got more, however, I know Ben, and know his plans and I know with 100% certainty that he will take very good care of it and won't be tracking or drifting it. This is very important to me. Plus it'll be fantastic to see the S15 taken to the next level of modification, while keeping much of the essence I created.

Anyway, Ben came to collect it this evening to start work transferring various bit onto his S14a for its new owner.

I'm feeling a mixture of :cry: and at the same time :) It was very difficult watching it drive off, but I'm happy that I can see the progress and have had an offer to drive it once its complete.

There will be no change to what I do on here, except me doing it from Oz :)

As for my car future? Who knows? I've got the Surf still and am considering exporting it. Depends how much a container is... :p Not sure if I will buy another S15 in Oz. More likely an S2000. I may even be seduced to the dark side and consider a Monaro... :eek:

I'm expecting Ben to introduce himself on here soon and keep everyone updated... :)

As a farewell wake I decided to light the flare...

M

Matt_S

I heard the news yesterday mate via the SXOC secret squirrel forums and their viewers.
Congratulations!
I think its the colour and the big brake spec that sold it if Im honest! ;)
And its a mint car to boot!

Sad you wont be at JAE (assuming your not coming :wack: )

And as to exporting a car to OZ, a mate did it a few years back to Oz and it was in the region of £1500. Which isnt bad really.
Oh and from what Im told by a mate who just moved to Oz, S14s go for MORE money than they do here! :eek: Weird! :D Dunno about S15s tho :wack:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The ideal thing would be to get a container to shove the Surf and all my stuff in and ship it. That would make it worthwhile.

I'm in Mallorca from this weekend, so wasn't planning JAE before I sold.

Reaction score
I feel your pain - i know that feeling of seeing it turn the corner, turning back to your driveway to see a empty patch. put a lump in my throat when mine went.
Well, i no longer have mine, but i still try to pop on here as much as i can, i have made some good friends from this forum. as you said in your thread, you will still be on here, and im sure everyone will agree and hope that you do remain on this forum - even if you are a lucky bugger and get a monaro!!!!. you've certainly taught me alot about S15's from your threads and general boffin-ness! :D

P

Pazz

Very sad day Nicely, truely an end of an era :(

Its never easy to see an S15 leaving an owner, especially when its a blue one! All the best for OZ!

Reaction score
1500 quid to ship a car from the UK to Australia?
I shipped an AE86 from Japan to the UK and the shipping cost came to about 400 quid. Oz is only another 30-40% further isn't it.

Good luck Nicely.
Your experience has been invaluable.

M

Matt_S

Ill get more details on the costs - just for you Ozone! ;)

I remember when I saw my S14 drive off and up to get on the ferry leaving me at Dover. I never reaslied it looked so low or as sweet as it did! :wack:
Glad its still being used in anger tho by its new owner - just as I built it for :)

Reaction score
Hello chap :)

I thought I should probably register on here and say hi!

Nicely's car is in for some changes, but all positive I feel :)

Major selling points were the pretty exhaustive spec, which will enable me to offset a lot of the cost of changing cars :)

The brakes I am fitting from my 14a, as they're considerbly larger, with much improved calipers, but the ones on the 15 are going to live on attached to my which is going to its new owner shortly :)

Watch this space for RB26 developements!

Reaction score
I'll probably be going to Sydney... :p

Hey Ben! :wave: Good to see you here at last :)
Look forward to meeting you in Sydney, there are some nice S15 for sale hear ATM including a mates which has only 24K on the odometer.

Don't buy a Monaro(land barge):no: the last trackday I did I had one in front of me which cost me 4secs:(

Hope to see you at the end of the year:thumbs:

G

gunner93

Nicely,

As they say, your car is you and you are your car. Over in Malaysia, we go like S15 is Nicely and Nicely is S15. It never occur to me you'd part with your S15. Its just strange that you are now without a S15 or maybe not for long?

Best Wishes to you on behalf of the hordes.

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Sorry to hear that you had to part with your car Nicely. It can't have been easy as you had put a lot of time and effort into it and its now one of the best around & is a credit to you :notworthy: Whats even worse is that I couldn't buy it! :(
Best of luck when you do go to Oz and thank you for all your help. I'm delighted you'll still be active here because I've only been here a short while but your knowledge and patience has been invaluable...

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Congrats on the sale and to the new owner.

Let me know when you want another S15 Nicely and I can help you find a nice one in black from the auctions :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Would want to steer clear of the black market... :p
Lol. Well I can understand that the über fastness of a black car is to much for some people to handle. :D

Edit: For example Tsuchiya who crashed the black HKS S15. They had to paint it red so he could manage it. Another example is the stig and the black koenigsegg CCX. They had to add a wing on it to reduce the speed so he could drive it :D

Reaction score
:cry: cant believe you sold up christian but you have to do what you have to do :eek:. Great example of a car and couldnt have been sold in better condition, hopefully you find something nice in oz :thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
WTF!!!!

I didn't think you would be selling it so soon. I am sure that you will end up buying another one considering the prices have dropped dramaticallly in the last 2 years. You can buy an spec R for around A$24k with minor mods. 1500 quid to ship a car is a bit excessive, you would probably save money selling yours over there and buy another one over here.

I look forward to catching up with you at Christmas time if you have time and I can buy you that beer I owe you.