What's new

Hi from Syd - S15 owner

S

simonnowis

Hi everyone
:wave:
coming from a honda background and now a proud owner of a 00 Jdm spec R S15. It is a great car!
I have always been in the modding/enthusiast scene, had a few hondas, mx5, more recently sold my DC2 integra type R to get the S15.
already started on the mods, putting on some tyres for my new rims this weekend!

just a question to you guys: my diff/lsd makes a click sound nearly everytime I start to roll off from being stationary, is this normal?
I am assuming it is a stock lsd.

:thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Welcome. Nice car, love the colour, blue is by far the best. My diff makes a noise when I select first when stationary. Not sure if it is normal, but mine has done it for a long time now and I haven't had any issues. If I do, it will be an excuse for an upgrade ;)

Not sure if you are into clubs / trackdays etc, but if you are, check out http://www.nissansportscarclub.org. Sydney based club with a lot of good guys and good events.

S

simonnowis

hahah good point! the clicking doesnt seem to affect the function or anything lol.

Cheers! will def check it out.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I wondered how long it would take. lol.

Reaction score
Country
i could be wrong but isn't that clunk what happens when you shim up a viscous? used to get it in a skyline that we did after making it tight as