What's new

HID S15 head lights discussion

Reaction score
Country
Anyone know what the difference between the Halogen and HID version of the S15 headlight? I keep looking at different images of both and I cannot tell the difference, I'm sure the projector is probably different but can anyone confirm this?

Can you still get HID headlights new through Nissan?

I've got silver housing L package head lights were there Halogen and HID versions for those as well?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
HID (xenon) has a power pack mounted to the bottom with a different cut out for the wire to feed through, an auto adjuster on the back of the lights and an extra power plug. Gives a blue/white light

Halogen no power pack on the bottom, no auto adjuster do it manual from the top. Gives a yellow light. The style and design of both lights is exactly the same.

Hope thats what your asking and yes can get HID from nissan (not cheap)

Reaction score
Country
If style and design for both lights the same (projector wise) would the light spread look the same if you were to fit an aftermarket HID pack on Halogen head lights?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer mate my old S15 didnt have the xenon factory ballast so fitted 6k aftermarket HIDS looked the same as my mates S15 with factory xenons. Light spread was the same no difference.

Took my new S15 factory xenons apart and they are identical. Same style and projector.

Reaction score
Country
Yer mate my old S15 didnt have the xenon factory ballast so fitted 6k aftermarket HIDS looked the same as my mates S15 with factory xenons. Light spread was the same no difference.

Took my new S15 factory xenons apart and they are identical. Same style and projector.
Thank you Jay-pan for clearing that up for me!:)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
There was always a question about if the projectors were the same between the different light assemblies. I have never been able to put one of each side by side to verify.