What's new

HID

Reaction score
Country
Might seem a bit pointless as I've got the factory HID's but can you put a kit in instead? The brightness isnt a problem it's the crisp clear blue tinge light I'm after, also are there any decent LED or HID sidelight options?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
If you want a different hue, just change the bulbs for a higher Kelvin rating.

Reaction score
Country
bulbs easily interchangable then, not like HID Kits where the bulbs are connected with no release?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It's like changing bulbs on a regular headlight. Stock HID is D2S 4300K. You probobly want something around 6000K or maybe higher.

hid_chart.jpg

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
unless you really want blue keep it at 6000k, its the same temperature as daylight so you see more detail in the illuminated area then above or below at like 4300k and 8000k even though the lamp has the same lumen output

Reaction score
Country
yeah that is true, I need to find a way of clearing up my headlights a lot better, not clearer but something that'll last longer, I'll find some 8K bulbs as thats what i used to have on my ep2 and no problems with getting pulled and had enough light for me, hopefully they will do the trick for what I'm looking for :)

Reaction score
Country
I've got 6000k fitted to mine and thats a bright white. its not blue. I'd recommend 6000k. they're not hard to swap out the bulbs, BUT MAKE SURE YOU DO IT ON A HOT DRY DAY. (i got condensation in my light unit from when i changed mine and took a LONG time to try to get it out. haha)

Reaction score
Country
I still haven't sorted this, what is the bulb type for our HID's? And what kit are people using for HID sidelights, what bulb type are they?