What's new

In the beginning...etc etc

Reaction score
Country
Oil pressure, temp and voltage gauge half fitted :) air vent was a bugger to get out

Slam panel fitted and don'd with a few stickers :)

First yashio upgrade fitted +5bhp srs

will be soldering tonight hopefully so my gauges do more than just look nice :)

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
They do look nice tho! I stuck with downpipe and elbow on. Floor pan needed a teeny bit of persuading, not that you'd noticed. I can see what you mean by close now, but the results are amazing. Your motor is looking pretty blooming wonderful dude.

Reaction score
Country
are you running a decat? Im interested to hear what it sounds like. Hope it bangs and pops like a boss!

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
The cat's (minimally) silenced, but once it's hot it pops and bangs. Actually I'm totally in love with the sound of my system. It's 3" from the turbo all the way back to the backbox where its 2.5" (HKS silent power) with two large cans throughout, so it's grumbles and pops but fairly quietly unless you give it some stink when it heats up and starts to tell you it's up for some fun.

Reaction score
Country
same system as mine... how much power you running? mine should be 310 at the fly

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
No idea. Bum dyno says about 280 maybe? If I change to 2nd and shift quickly with my foor down I fishtail along happily with boost at about 12psi... Don't want to run more boost until I've fitted the walbro.

Reaction score
Country
I'm gonna set my boost to stock till I've got the walbro fitted and mapped. Will be nice just to drive it again :) gonna be laggy as I rekon. Old school!

Reaction score
Country
And things were going so well...

got my centre console back together all looking rather neat- few small things to change though. Firstly the diagram for the gauge was slightly wrong, the water temp socket is actually for the oil temp so need to swap those around which is nothing and also I forgot to instal my signal booster :(

And I soldered in my boost controller but like a tit i soldered it to a constant 12v positive and not an ignition live... so cluster needs to come out again. And for anyone wanting to do an EBC install below are the wires and colours you need:

All can be found on the white plug on the back of the instrument cluster:
Constant 12v: Red with White stripe
ignition live: Green with yellow stripe (pin 12)
RPM signal: Blue with orange stripe (pin 15)
ground: black (pin 9)

And now to the bad bit, topped her up with normal tap water to give the system a slight flush as I'm changing antifreeze colours (green to red), checked the oil level which was all good so started her up. Sounds evil with a De cat and the turbo flutter with no BOV sounds so good! water temp was bang in the middle after 15 mins, no leaks that I could see and the water was flowing inside the rad. I then started to squeeze pipes to bleed the system of any air locks and when i moved the car on the drive found a massive oil spill. after some brief detective work i found this:

My new HEL braided oil feed for the turbo is faulty, and obviously its a bastard to get to the bolt on top of the turbo so off came the manifold, and some water lines- at least i knew everything would undo easily. emailed hose solutions and they are sending a new one out today, to say i was gutted was an understatement :(

Reaction score
Country
Well its been a long time since I've updated this, unfortunately the 15 has been neglected somewhat as I've been busy DIY-ing around my house. She looks very sad, has a flat rear due to a leaky rim which I need to fix, still has no working horn, needs and MOT and is very very dusty despite being in my garage. But at least the battery has been on trickle charge for a while...

Went to move it last night to be able to make more space in the garage as got some stuff to throw out and she barely managed one crank- my battery is completely dead :down:

Its the 2nd battery Ive had in 3 years and I know its because I don't use her enough, so I've decided to buy a relocation kit to move it to the boot so i can have a bigger battery and because race car :)

Done some searching on here and I have a list below of stuff that I need, if someone who has done this can confirm this is all ok it would be good, also I have some questions about the move.:

black & red 5m 40mm2 cable
2 sets of battery terminal studs
2x 200amp mega fuses plus holders
10mm copper tube terminal connectors

So is that everything? battery tray i will make at work once I've bough the battery- what power rating battery would people recommend? Also, when wiring up, how do you connect the new cables to the existing battery cables? and do i need to earth the battery in the boot or will connecting the negative terminal to the existing one in the engine bay be sufficient?

Reaction score
Country
Ok cool looks simple enough, then just insulate it. Any ideas for bsttery type peg?

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
I often used BMW battery cables for the same thing as they are extremely well made, well insulated they are normally readily available at breakers for hardly any money.

Have you considered keeping the battery disconnected when you're not using the car for long periods of time? Does it stay indoor?

Reaction score
Country
Battery was disconnected lol, but think the lack of use has killed it. Yeah stored in my garage

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
That's really strange, I've gotten away with having batteries disconnected for more than 6 - 8 months and still start up straight away once I reconnect them (although a little slower to turn over).

What brand are you using?

Reaction score
Country
I don't know but it's one of the small ones which doesn't help. It's only a bit bigger than a bike one and it's a big engine for it to turn over. Last time I used the car was probably last summer

Reaction score
Country
cool, so existing earth from where the battery used to be just earth to the body?

Reaction score
Country
I think I can actually take the earthing strap off as it only earthed the battery to the body anyway but i will have a more detailed look later. I've bought a battery for an e46 from halfords £78! and have all the cabling and connections I need so will attack it this weekend if the weather is dry.

Joeh

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.silivaoc.com
Country
Instagram
@silviaownersclub
Yes and use it at the back, that's what I have done in the past.

E46 battery, that must be massive! You don't have to fit a big battery when relocating!