What's new

Open Event: Japfest - 12th May 2012

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I just facebooked japfest organisers. And they said all the clubs have pre set spaces so we will be guided into position by a Marshall on arrival.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Yeah they do although that is really overselling what they do. You turn in and they check your ticket and pass and they point left or right! You then bimble down till you see the sign with the club on! Least thats what its been like when I've been in the past.

Although it is nearly impossible without seeing the location of our stand does anyone have any suggested parking arrangement? Lining up at slight angles down the sides for example. Need to allow access to view all the cars as well as fit 34 in. Nothing worse that a stand that looks like a car park.

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
I think someone mentioned bringing a gazebo so why not stick the S15OC sign on that and place the cars around it so its in the middle of all the S15's plus others and the bbq could go under it too. bit of a car park style but broken up in the middle

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yep Mike's spot on... I've been lucky that all the previous Club JDM stands I've organised has been attended by a good mate of mine who always hops out first and gets all the cars parked in a really decent layout.

So much so that I know it instantly attracts attention as you can see it when people start walking closer to the stand. I'll draw up a diagram of how we did it last year so you get an idea... might just help even if you go for something completely different lol :D

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hey dammsy! Here's the info for the premier inn, it's 1 mile away, it will be quite full by now though I think!

Reaction score
Country
Don’t think I’m going to be able to make it now :(

Found out yesterday my rear tyres are bald and won’t be able to buy new tyres just yet so I’m bussing it to work!

If I did manage to somehow get tyres before then it’s still going to be another 60+ quid in petrol so would be pushing my luck financially.

Wish I’d never bought a ticket in advance as I just jinxed it.

Mabi Ill find away to get the 15 there....

Reaction score
Country
Running 17 9j at the back so was going to get some 225 45's like what is on there atm.

Maxxis MAZ1's look decent, just trying to work out if I can afford 140 quid for a pair atm

Mike

Reaction score
Country
is there water etc available for cleaning at the track then? I might be a little dirty after driving from sheffield
Yes mate, they have taps but might be a short walk depending on where we end up parked so bring a bucket and cleaning gear! :)

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Don’t think I’m going to be able to make it now :(

Found out yesterday my rear tyres are bald and won’t be able to buy new tyres just yet so I’m bussing it to work!

If I did manage to somehow get tyres before then it’s still going to be another 60+ quid in petrol so would be pushing my luck financially.

Wish I’d never bought a ticket in advance as I just jinxed it.

Mabi Ill find away to get the 15 there....
Crap man, this sucks :( If i was closer you could borrow my old wheels to get to the show and stick the good ones in the boot!!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Running 17 9j at the back so was going to get some 225 45's like what is on there atm.

Maxxis MAZ1's look decent, just trying to work out if I can afford 140 quid for a pair atm
Ah sorry fruity I only have 18's. Must be some way of gettin your ass down for japfest!!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Keep us updated Fruit, hope you can make it.

As requested I posted J0rd4n's ticket. As he was the only one to ask me i assume no one else needs theirs posted. If this isnt the case please let me know asap.

I'm going to flash out a pm to everyone with the details and stuff too and to reiterate stuff.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah sorry fruity I only have 18's. Must be some way of gettin your ass down for japfest!!
Nothing wrong with the staggered look lol :p

Jay - this is not acceptable!!

Only kidding... can you not get some part worns (still in good nick not dangerous) and slap them on the get you around for a few months? Really hope you can still make it... specially after all the work you've put into yours :(

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Looks like the weather has taken a turn for the worst :( hope it changes before next weekend..