What's new

Open Event: Japfest - 12th May 2012

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Was nice to see people I've already met and meet new people :) I hated where we were but that's where they put us... Next time it would be great if we had an area to set up instead... Maybe jae?

And cheers to mike for all the effort he put into organising it, was nice to meet you mate :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Great day lads, good effort from Mike to get this off the ground. Track time was awesome, pushed it hard and nothing broke so all good. Had to shoot off early as had an offer for a night out on London, so I left about 1ish so sorry for not saying my goodbyes..

Reaction score
I got some good videos of the track action. I'm in the process of uploading them, Lupix is in quite a few of them. Met some new faces today, had a good time too. The cars got filthy though and everyone clearly spent the time polishing them just for the whole stand to get covered in dust and rubber :wack:.

I also got burnt quite badly in the end, I was not expecting the weather we had:eek::D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
The weather was awesome wasn't it - who'd have thought after the month we've had...

Reaction score
Tell me about it, mate, stunning weather.

Did anyone see the time attack Evo in action at the end of the day? I wanted to watch it go round the track but after the last drift session the huge crowd moved from our area and my car became free. I noticed quite a few people were taking that to their advantage to leave and I followed suit to beat the traffic.

Reaction score
Country
There was talk of me coming over for the event. It is my wifes birthday on Thursday next week and mine on Friday. So I was going to give myself a birthday pressie and come over, but unfortunately I am not in a position to make it happen.

Maybe next year.
Wow, fair enough!

It was good to meet everyone today! Our club stand was in a great position. I wasn't expecting my car to leave a different colour though!

I have to say though, I was quite disappointed with Japfest. The claims of 'Biggest Japanese Car Show in Europe'. How small are the other ones?! I've only ever been to French Car Show and Trax and they are about twice the size.

Ford Fair was unbelievable, the number and size of trade stands puts Japfest to shame really.

Reaction score
Country
I got to see the time attack evo, apparently 1000bhp? But didn't even seem to leave the halfords civics on the straights? Although it was glued to the corners!

Reaction score
Had a good day, weather was good enough to burn my head but I too hated the spot we had, covered in dust, people walking past closely with prams and brushing coats and bags across the cars as it was that busy when the drift cars were on, not to mention my front bumper getting caught. Would be better in the grassed area. Great turn out and organising by mike

Last edited:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Well considering I used my phone for these, they haven't come out half bad. I've uploaded some here and the remaining on FB and i'll do the videos tomorrow.

got burnt as well, shouldn't have worn shades all day, looks odd now

Section of our stand
2012-05-12_12-32-16_383.jpg

My Next car :smitten:
2012-05-12_11-28-02_311.jpg

Drift FTW
[video=facebook;10150949666157177]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150949666157177[/video]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yeah was a good day overall. So cool to see all the silvias up close. Must say every single one looked amazing :D

Shame I didn't really meet anyone as I was still sulking that mine couldn't be finished, but still a great day.
Big thanks to Mike and Sam.
Look forward to our next meet.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Again, thanks to Mike and everyone else involved for making this happen today. We should definitely do JAE this year too. It's much more of a sociable event with camping etc :)

Reaction score
Country
Good day :nod:. The position was good for exposure for the club. You can pretty much guarantee that everybody that went to the show would have been right next to the stand at some point, but it was also a bad spot in the way that it was really dusty.
I washed and polished mine when I got there, but I left with it dirtier than it's been in a long time.

The SXOC didn't seem to have a very good spot this year, out the back of the track, with a big speed bump on the entrance on that side. I suppose they would have stayed cleaner over there though.

I didn't leave home until 6:30 and was expecting most people to be there already setup by the time I arrived. When I got in at about 7:35 I was surprised when the marshall said I was the first there!
I had about a 10 minute wait in traffic. What was it like for everybody else? I know last year when I left home about 7, the traffic it was abysmal approaching the track, and I was waiting for hours to get in.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah it was a great day, perfect weather etc! Everyone's cars looked cracking and super tidy!

I thought the stand location initially was awesome, but the constant brushing pass and lack of photo opportunities ment it wants quite as good as I'd first thought!

I agree with Craig that JAE would be alot better for the club as we can all hang out etc abit more. And Craig your car is ridiculously clean underneath! :)

Dan, we left the RV point at 7.30 it took almost an hour tto travel the 2 miles as traffic was bad! But apprerently they were queuing 4 miles back on the M4! All the locals were going mad on twitter etc! Ha ha!

Overall I think it was a great event, thanks mike for being well organised and sorting it all out!

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Morning guys, was awesome to meet everybody yesterday :) Always strange putting names to faces. Seeing so many 15's in one place was well odd! Weather was incredible given the tragic rain over the past month my neck is more red than fruitbooter's car!

Thanks for all the mentions but really should thank you lot for coming along, i know alot of you made very long journeys and had long nights getting the cars ready so thanks again as things like this don't happen if people don't get involved. :)

Was blown away by the quality for the cars! I wont name peoples (as i'll miss someone out and upset them!) but all were superb examples and did ourselves proud. The stand positioning i guess was a curse and blessing, it was superb for the track action but not ideal for people walking past and dust ect. As this isnt decided by us not alot we could do about it and hope hasnt put people off the event.

Looking forward to seeing the pictures and videos especially the video of me trying to get mine into reverse... Cheers James! ;)

Again nice to meet you all and hope you all had a good day, quick thanks to Sam as well the meeting point was spot on bud and cheers for the help! :)

Hope you've all seen the Ace Cafe meet for the 19th August you can put you names down for that! JAE also sounds awesome i'm normally at Santa Pod for the FIA final that weekend but might be able to make an exception this year.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@kwalker88
had a good day yesterday! was nice to meet a few of you and put names to cars!

we shot off from the meeting point at about 25 past 7 to nip to the toiet before having to queue to get in.... because of that, we ended up queing for 4 hours to get in! think we finally parked up anout half 11...couldn't believe the queues. Quick thanks to the passenger in the pewter on we parked up next to....apprecitate the help reversing! nothing i hate more than trying to reverse a big car, into a small space, pointing in the wrong direction with plenty of peope watching so you were a big help :D

was a good show though, was pretty chuffed with the spot we got...plenty of exposure and was a good view of that corner, just a shame some people show a lack of respect towards other peoples property.

All in all was a good day with awesome weather!! (i have a lovely burnt nose now)

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Last edited:
Reaction score
Quick thanks to the passenger in the pewter on we parked up next to....apprecitate the help reversing! nothing i hate more than trying to reverse a big car, into a small space, pointing in the wrong direction with plenty of peope watching so you were a big help :D

That was me, no worries :D

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice to meet everyone yesterday,And see some i have met before.Massive thanks to mike and sam for organising this I am gutted my car didn't make it but there are more shows and I will defo be making some more this year( hopefully in my 15)
great day some lovely cars, the quality of the cars from this forum was top notch!
Shame about where we were but some good track action too as said a shame couldn't really get any decent pics of all the 15's together though....
Also have a nice red face and neck lol

Last edited: