It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
front lower arm now fitted..

Gasket in and cylinder head back on

Intake test fit.. fuse box needs to go...

Some shiny stuff back from the polisher also got my intercooler pipes polished.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Manifold fixed, waste gate on the GTRS turbo ported and installed

rocker cover back on with sparks and split fire coil packs back in :cool:.

engine bay cleaned up abit too.

Reaction score
Country
OEM fuel rail would not work with the new plenum so a nice circuit sport side feed fuel rail was ordered. gold anodized...
have my 850cc SARD injectors in. :cool:

Reaction score
Country
Fuel rail and plenum now on the engine, bit of work adjusting the fuel rail brackets to get it to work with the plenum.... but it on now.

Throttle body now on bit of a clearance issue with it and the fuse box...
fuse box is cut to give bit more clearance, will see how it gets on when the engine tilts left and right under load.

next to tackle the custom IC pipe to suit the new intake setup....:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
tackling this plenum was no easy job as it was not a straight forward fit..
the intercooler pipe needed to be a 90 degree pipe to connect it to the throttle body, but i miss jugded the angle and ordered up a 45 degree alu pipe instead.. so had to order up a 45 degree silcone pipe reducer. a flange was needed to fit a HKS dump valve onto the pipe and a breather hose for the idle valve.

the plenum did not give a connection to the idle valve to draw in air before the throttle body so i had to modify the valve to be able to connect the hose. so popped of the blanking plug and tapped it for a hose fitting... :)

with everything in the car it was time to fire it up...
as you all know with all this work something was bound to not work....
she was cranking but not firing..
so rocker off again to double check timing, fuel and then spark...
then after a few calls to Stiv trouble shooted issues and found it to be the fuse blown to the coils.. swapped the fuse and she fired up first time.

now to measure timing with a timing gun, get some miles on her oil change and off for a map with Stiv :nod:

roll on the next RR day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
ok with the engine upgrade rebuild completed.

time to move back to the other bits.

was in the middle of doing a Z32 rear knuckle swap but need to source parts to fit it. a speriacl ball bushing to take the different mounting angle of the suspension then on the Z32. also because the Z32 used a fork type suspension bottom mount o need to source a buttom mount of a Z32 suspension or what i did modified the existing suspension bottom mounts.

sand blasted and old bushings removed.

sperical bushing mount for the suspension bottom end mount

and a modified Tein bottom mount to take the Z32 upright knuckles

now powder coated :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I dont think any problem could scare you lol! You find the solution to anything :nod:

Really impressive work there mate!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey, whats the advantage to the z32 knuckles? Quality of work looks good, but are you sure the new shock mounts are welded well enough to the shock?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
There was alot less weld on the part that was removed. The shock only take vertical loading so it should be fine. All other axial loads are taken by the knuckle.

Advantages are unsprung weight. Will have to measure the cast iron one and the alloy one to compare the weight difference. ;)

Reaction score
Sounds all good then mate, credit for going thru with it. I thought they must have been alloy to make it worthwhile. One day ill do the same to my track r32 with the gtr knuckles being alloy too.

Reaction score
Country
small update
Car was just road mapped on the new setup, by Stiv
now pushing 1.4bar and moved the limit up to 7.8k.. compensate of the short gear ratios :)
feels really solid and pulls hard at mid to high rpm, well happy with the setup.
now to bring on the RR'd :)

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
Good work mate :)

Just wanted to ask with your kit... have you noticed any cracking (or anything similar) in the rear guards?

I'd like to continue doing drift/track days with the vertex ridge kit, but I'm worried that the kit will flex

Reaction score
Country
Good work mate :)

Just wanted to ask with your kit... have you noticed any cracking (or anything similar) in the rear guards?

I'd like to continue doing drift/track days with the vertex ridge kit, but I'm worried that the kit will flex
No havent noticed and cracks, been perfect apart for a few knocks on the front bumper

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Nice work Ray, what power you looking at this time once its all mapped? Or what are you hopping for...