Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Hello :)

Im just looking for which brands people here recommend for their S15s when it comes to replacing their dump valves... IVe seen Horsham developments crop up on here often (for good reasons lol!) and they do a kit - is this good? I see it prevents the suspected boost leak when over 1bar but is it louder?
My main reason is i do want it louder!
So please recommend me good, loud ones :D

From what ive read the S15 has a re-circ one not atmospheric so i want to stick to what its designed to work with :)
Thanks all :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Hdevs is a recirc similar to the standard item but holds up better at high boost. I don't run a bov at all which results in turbo chatter, it may not be ideal but I like it as I'm childish.

Reaction score
Country
Forge do a good one for the right sort of money which is what I run on mine which is at 330 bhp at the moment get them from Apex :thumbs:

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Forge do a good one for the right sort of money which is what I run on mine which is at 330 bhp at the moment get them from Apex :thumbs:
That's promising, I am planning power gains so future proofing is good :)
And the all important question - is it louder and better than standard ;)

Sent using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Not really that loud but you do get turbo chatter when pushing it through the gear changes:nod::clap:

Reaction score
Country
I have the hks ssqv 4 with an atmospheric dump. You can recirc it or use the blanking rubber they provide. It's a good noise when changing gear but if you like the noise I would probably save your money and get rid of the dump valve completely and enjoy the turbo flutter. It's not the best for the turbo apparently but they are strong enough to take it and it does sound mint!!!

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
I have the hks ssqv 4 with an atmospheric dump. You can recirc it or use the blanking rubber they provide. It's a good noise when changing gear but if you like the noise I would probably save your money and get rid of the dump valve completely and enjoy the turbo flutter. It's not the best for the turbo apparently but they are strong enough to take it and it does sound mint!!!
is it louder than the standard one? i'm gonna be one on my own here i think judging by the comments ive read on lots of other forums, but im less after the "pigeon mod" everyone raves about, and more after the whoosh! I know the "fashion" is for the flutter but i have always preferred the whoosh and besides i'm not one for fashion haha!

Reaction score
Country
I'm considering putting mine back on because the pick-up and spool of the turbo doesn't seem quite as quick.
Sounds amazing though :D

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Another vote for the forge recirc it's an awesome bit of kit sounds nice and can be tuned with different springs so you can match it to the boost level you run
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Ni...Ram_Closed_Loop_Dump_Valve--product--818.html
Thanks peglio... This looks perfect then if it's recirc out the box, the confirmation on good noise makes me happy ;)
Just before I commit to buy, it's says s14 on the link, presume it's still good for the S15 too?

Sent using Tapatalk

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have the HDev one. I'm stage1a at approx 300bhp. 1.1 bar. It's louder than stock for sure. I would say the whoosh is entertaining without being OTT.