What's new

solonoid by the rad, what is it?

Reaction score
Hi guys, my s15 has a solonoid (looks like a boost solonoid and has boost going to it i think) on the left hand side of the top of the rad (facing the car). There is a pipe that comes from the plenum to this solonid and then it comes out of this solonoid and goes into the carbon canister i believe.

I currently have no engine in my s15 as i'm awaiting an engine to be delivered. I have removed the aircon pipes, rad, pump, can i just remove this solonoid and just block up the boost pipe? Also when removeing the carbon caniser is there anything i have to do or can i just chuck it all in the bin?

Thanks in advance

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, it's something to do with the carbon canister. People often remove the whole lot and bung up the hoses without a problem.

:)

Reaction score
Country
As craig just said.
I've removed my carbon canister, plus all piping, and that little electronic unit. Just tuck the cables away somewhere tidy, and bung all hose ends remaining :)
Doesnt do anything really, just chuck it in the bin :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yup ^^^ as above.

When you remove the carbon canister you just have to make sure the two hard pipes left in the bay are looped together using a silicone hose etc ;)