What's new

SR20VET S15 omg

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nearly everything here now. New SR20VE oil pump, and finally the Garrett GTX 2867r

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Had a cracking time at Japfest, has prompted me to get some updates done.

For those looking at the Garrett GTX range, it has a bigger compressor housing that doesnt fit the GT28 Series actuator, so I need to make up a bracket to fit my HKS actuator, or buy a bracket and actuator from Garrett.

ECU has arrived though

and new radio

A few other jobs have got done, Cusco catch can in, and I have figured out how that is going to work with the 20V valve cover. Got my C-s short shifter done too.

Intercooler end tanks are being re-welded for the MMIC setup, will need to sort pipes out afterward, and what boost bits need to go where with the AVCR.

Paid for the re-furbed gbx from Garage-D too, and the engine is finally being built, problem is that I want new pistons (possibly conrods) and the head has a bent ex. valve. tough one to replace with OEM for a VE head.

Last bits to add, from Japfest today I got some pretty bits:

Oil filler cap, gear knob and 12x posh aluminium washers for my new rocker cover :D

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Very nice man, the finish line is in sight!!!!! This is gonna be an insane daily ha ha ha ha love it

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
For God's sake I'm going forged now...
Not going to chance this valve/piston issue.

This car will never be sold after all this effort

Reaction score
Country
lol... The bottomless pit is slowly opening.......

But in the end you'll have a first class forged SR20VET, GTX Turbo, HKS Vpro and general awesomeness......

So will be worth it :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It should be epic, super street S15 as my title once read. Mechanically pretty stonking, but body work still run of the mill.

The pit can't get alot wider, i'm in a rush to finish now

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Intercooler back with me now :)

Had to chop the end-tanks and have them re-welded. The intercooler is going where the A/C did but is so wide it needed adjusting.
Need to smooth off the inside edges of the welds and wash out all the swarf, don't fancy that in my engine.
I probably could have got a different intercooler from ebay, but wanted this core!!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Finally got my low mileage, refurbed, cryogenically frozen and circlip modded gearbox back. Only time will tell what power it will handle.

Engine wise, could have it back next week. I ended up going with CP VE 9:0 pistons and Manley Hbeams. Got them because of the big lift on the VVL high lobe cam I couldn't guarantee that I wouldn't be smashing up the valves with standard dished pistons. Plus the engine shouldn't need opening up again. Limiting factor is the crank now :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Take a look at my new daily

Discuss

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Are you sure it's your box you got back :p ha ha
Love the beetle man! Retro rides ftw I was looking at selling my daily and buying a ford pop god knows why think its a silly move , but fun ha ha
Not long till its all finished then?!?

Reaction score
Country
Funny enough until about 3 years ago I had a 1968 1200 Cal Look Bug, with a 1600 in it, slammed to the floor, love old VDubs... Still want a Karman Ghia :)

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I do like them, but the slowness of it is annoying!!

I think it will move on soon after I get the S15 back, unless I fancy a practice rebuild before doing a 240z in the future. Chuck a VET in that too, or RB, as a VET is a f****** expensive ballache to build!

95% sure if is my box, the casing of it was very clean before hand and still is now. The service did not inspire trust though. Ford pop looks awesome. This beetle is a real rusty shed though, would never stand for it on the S15.

I COULD have the engine back next week but expecting delays. Annoying that I have wed-fri off and probably wont be able to do anything much to the car! It must get done this summer. Next delay will probably be having it mapped, and electrics. Will be epic once done though!!!!!!!!!!

if i do say so myself

Reaction score
this is a very nice project. i will keep an eye on this and hope you give me some informations i need for my sr16ve head swap.

my project is very similar to yours, but i´m going to use a PWR intercooler.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Been a while since anything has happened, until this weekend!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Hope so. I won't make any time limits though. At least just about all the money is spent!