What's new

The ultimate gearbox thread!

Reaction score
Country
Could anyboy help me out?
I have got to learn alot from this topic but I am really confused right now...
Actually only thing I need to know is... What do I need to put in a 6 spd gearbox on an engine that has automatic transmission.
I have a Spec S, buying a Spec R engine with automatic transmission and I want to fit the 6 spd gearbox.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
just the box and ecu prop maybe? Should be it dude, bolt pattern is the same so the box will bolt straight up

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
clutch pedal and assembly, clutch master, clutch slave & line, 6speed specific flywheel and specific bolts, clutch itself, S15 Spec R drive shaft.

Since you have the spec s, can i recommend you just use the 5speed box, as you will find them cheaper and easier to come by any S14 5speed will work as its the same box as the spec s manual

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate but thats more expensive then the engine haha.

what would I need for the 5 speed gearbox then? Just a upgraded clutch?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Is your car manual now or auto? Forgot to ask that I assumed your car was manual just the engine you had bought was auto.
5 speed box would just need clutch.flywheel and bolts plenty of people have done it so is info on the site and is much much cheaper than the 6 speed. Can pick the s14 boxes up for £150 odd .Will also need the gaiter for your centre console if the car is auto atm

Reaction score
Country
My car indeed is manual and the engine auto. So I have a flywheel on my sr20de enginge, but I can't use that one? And the bolts from my box to engine cant be used?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
The bolts from box to engine can be used but I believe you have to use different flywheel bolts for the 5 speed . Have a look at the start of this thread there is links for whats needed to fit the 5 speed

Reaction score
Country
Ok thanks I will! What clutch is recommended by the way? I was just thicking about a Exedy Organic clutch since I am not going to put out alot of power the first few years. Probably just going to flow the intake and exhaust with an intercooler..

Reaction score
Country
Hi everyone,

Newbie here looking for help. I am a S15 Spec R Auto owner.

May i know how much horsepower of this automatic transmission can withstand?

Is the Spec R Auto Transmission same as Spec S Auto Transmission?

Thank you.