What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

Reaction score
Country
I'm getting my Tein Super Streets and wheels at the same time. so obviously i need to make sure theyre gonna fit. i need to know which offset is best though as i'm not very knowledgeable in this department..

My car will have:
Tein Super Streets (with top mounts)
No other suspension upgrades
Standard arches (not rolled or anything yet)

18" alloys (keeping it a secret til i get them)

which offsets will fit best with the coilovers:

18"x7.5 (front) with offset of +30 or +40
18"x8.5 (rear) with offset of +25, +30, +40 or +43.

which offsets are best and will i need my arches rolling immediately or will it be fine to drive until i get round to it?
also what size tires do you guys recommend? i'm not interested in a lot of stretch, i need practical good wearing tires that get used for lots of miles on a regular basis
i would go +30 front and +25 at the rear, i had 18x7.5 with offset of 37 on the front with driftworks coilovers and had not clearance problems and plenty of space between the arch

Reaction score
Country
i would go +30 front and +25 at the rear, i had 18x7.5 with offset of 37 on the front with driftworks coilovers and had not clearance problems and plenty of space between the arch
cheers mate, how much room did you have on the rear? if i get +30 (on the rear) i've been told it'l sit inside the arch, and may even be able to use small spacers. what do you think?
cheers

S

S15 SILVIA

+25 on a 8.5" rim on the rear should be fine. will give you more clearance on the strut than the +30 too.
Know i dont have coilovers, but im running +30 on a 9" rim on the rear, have good clearance between shock and wheel.
Think its generally the front that causes problems with clearance between wheel and strut.

Reaction score
Country
+25 on a 8.5" rim on the rear should be fine. will give you more clearance on the strut than the +30 too.
Know i dont have coilovers, but im running +30 on a 9" rim on the rear, have good clearance between shock and wheel.
Think its generally the front that causes problems with clearance between wheel and strut.
ah cool i get ya! cheers :)

I

Ichi5

Hi guys,

Has anyone tried 18x8 +40 235/40/18 all round on stock suspension? Ive found a nice set of wheels but am worried the front will rub the strut.

Cheers.

U

uranage

Hello,

What modifications are needed to fit 9x18 +28 (front) and 9x18 +15 (rear) wheels? I don't want to roll my fenders as it can damage the paint. Those offsets aren't that crazy so I assume they could fit without destroying the entire fenders? I already have coilovers and I would use stretched tires such as 205 or 215. Someone with more knowledge please help. Those fit on S14 pretty nicely.

Reaction score
Country
If you are not prepared to roll your fenders, then dont bother, if you heat the paint enough, then you wouldn't damage the paint

Front will fit with -2 camber to -2.5
Rear possibly -2.5 camber to -3

U

uranage

If you are not prepared to roll your fenders, then dont bother, if you heat the paint enough, then you wouldn't damage the paint

Front will fit with -2 camber to -2.5
Rear possibly -2.5 camber to -3
Thanks. So are you saying that adjusting only front and rear cambers could make them fit ?

How crazy are those cambers? What parts do I need to buy?

Sorry I'm a total newb :(

Reaction score
Website
powizzle.tumblr.com
As long as your guards are done properly, it shouldn't damage the paint.

Those offsets and widths will be fine with the natural camber when you lower it, and S14's are also able to take wider wheels, so you'll definately have no problems fitting them.

The 9"x18s are quite narrow, but a 225/235 tyre should be ok

M

mobilcepet

Hi guys, I'm thinking of going thiese setup, will these fit std fenders s15

18x9.5 +30 all around (what tires?)

Or

17x9 +25 F (what tires?)
18x9.5 +30 R

Thax all....

Reaction score
Country
I have 18x9.5 +30 all round with 225/40 tyres and standard arches. You will need to run some extra camber up front to tuck the wheel inside the arch Not sure how much camber I have but it's not too bad. And I rolled the arches.

N

nakata86

9.5 all round for the s15

I'd be running on 18 x 9.5 with +22 offsets soon. all four on 235/40/18.. would this be slightly clear off the guards and struts? wheels of choice is the gram lights 57d..

Reaction score
Country
Im on my way ordering 18x9.5 et15 all around, this with some camber and rolling should work right?

thought Id run on 225/40 tires

C

Controll3d

Shouldn't need much work with those specs.

I'm running currently 18x9.5 ET20 (ET25+5mm spacers) 225/40/18 @ front and 18x10 ET35 255/35/18 @ rear.

Fronts are really close to arch, but not hitting. Instead it's too close to coilover's spings, even with spacers. Require some addional adjustment before they rolled free. Another 5mm would been enough to clear, but it's gonna be really close to arch then.
Rears are rubbing bit, but not much. Rolling should be enough.
Stock arches and no extra camper, btw.

Reaction score
hi there,

thinking about to order xxr 527.

did anyone know if 18x8,75 et20 at the front and 18x9,75 et20 at the rear would fit? or would be better 8,75 all around?

may be someone allready have them and have a picture?

Reaction score
Country
I'm going to change my set:

From 18x10 +12 all around
To 17x9 +45 with spacers in front and 18x10 +12 in rear

And by the way, bodyworxs.
I think it would be nice, cause 18x8,5 and 18x9,5 looks sexy enogh, but u'll beed to play with offsets of rims. Good Luck!

Reaction score
hmm...thats a prob...

the xxr are only avalible 8,25 , 8,75 and 9,75......

hmmm....dont want to much offset.

at s14 the 9,75 et 20 fits with 5mm spacers all around...without trouble. where is the diffrence to s15? are the arches bigger at s14?