What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

P

Pazz

I noticed that Nicley runs 18x8.5 +32 on the fronts but also mentions the wheels do stick out a bit.

So if the +32 are going to give me possible clearance problems with the coilovers and stick out I think Id be better to be sensible and get the +30.

Thanks.
If you went for the +30 they would stick out another 2mm over the +32's. But then the flip side is that you gain 2mm inner clearance from the coilover.*

* = Assuming same tyre + rim

Reaction score
Country
I've read through this whole thread and couldn't find the info I was looking for, well, I found half. I am looking to buy some 17x9" rims in a +35 offset. I know they will suit the rears fine from reading this thread, but no-one seems to have a close offset for the front. Will I run into any issues? I am also running Silk Road coilovers...

Thanks in advance!
They will fit fine.

Did you really read all the thread cause someone is running 17 x 9 +22 on the front here and it fits with some cambers. So +35 isnt really wild. If you are prepare camber it, it will fit. Otherwise steer clear

L

Ljungstrom

now i got my new wheels.
Buddyclub p1racing IIplus gunmetall
18x8 et35 goodyear eagle f1 235,40,18. allround. fits perfect whitout spacers:)

F

Fro-Daddy

They will fit fine.

Did you really read all the thread cause someone is running 17 x 9 +22 on the front here and it fits with some cambers. So +35 isnt really wild. If you are prepare camber it, it will fit. Otherwise steer clear
I know the outside will be fine, it's the wheel fouling on the suspension which I am worried about. The 35 will be 13mm closer to the suspension, which is a fair distance...

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Darren_S15 said:
I noticed that Nicley runs 18x8.5 +32 on the fronts but also mentions the wheels do stick out a bit.

So if the +32 are going to give me possible clearance problems with the coilovers and stick out I think Id be better to be sensible and get the +30.

Thanks.
If you went for the +30 they would stick out another 2mm over the +32's. But then the flip side is that you gain 2mm inner clearance from the coilover.*

* = Assuming same tyre + rim
Yeah , what I wrote made no sence :annoyed:

Ive ordered the wheels now so will hopefully get them on the car in 3 weeks or so, then Ill post up what they are :)

Reaction score
is it possible to fit 18x8.5 +25 fronts and 18x9.5 +30 rears nismo lmgt4 on an s15 with tein flex lowered 25mm? will i need spacers or arch rolling?
what size tyres?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
whats the opinion on ultralite atec 2's? looking at 9.5 rear and 8.5 front (or whichever combination is most possible) with tein flex coilovers lowered around 25-30mm?

Reaction score
whats the opinion on ultralite atec 2's? looking at 9.5 rear and 8.5 front (or whichever combination is most possible) with tein flex coilovers lowered around 25-30mm?
i have tein flex lowered 35mm and a-tec eraser which i think is the same as the wheels you are talking about. 18x8 +35 225/40 front, 18x9 +35 235/40 rear. i am going for 255/35 rear which i thing will fit with no probs. no arch work no wide fenders.

S

superbike81

18x8 +30 all around with 225/40/18's should work fine right?

I'll be running some sort of coilover suspension, not sure what yet, basically whatever I find at UpGarage for a decent price and in good shape. The wheels are Rota P1 18x8 +30.

I know this isn't a very aggressive setup, but I'm looking for just all around decent handling and good looks. No crazy drift setup.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
ok people i have some details on the wheels i fancy-but even after reading through the thread twice i cant figure out if ill be ok or not.....

rear 9.5x18 et 35
front 8.5x18 et 35
lowered around 25-30mm on tein flex.

if these are possible (this wheel only offers 8.5 and 9.5 and offsets of 27 or 35 so these are the closest to ideal i suppose for the rim), what tyre sizes would have to be fitted? id be happy to go with a similar profile front and rear as i prefer the more even look, but arent sure on the negatives of it ie. handling...i can cope if it only puts the speedo out and camber/alignment can be sorted with a kit, but anything more and ill stick with the normal different sizes......

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
ok people i have some details on the wheels i fancy-but even after reading through the thread twice i cant figure out if ill be ok or not.....

rear 9.5x18 et 35
front 8.5x18 et 35
lowered around 25-30mm on tein flex.

if these are possible (this wheel only offers 8.5 and 9.5 and offsets of 27 or 35 so these are the closest to ideal i suppose for the rim), what tyre sizes would have to be fitted? id be happy to go with a similar profile front and rear as i prefer the more even look, but arent sure on the negatives of it ie. handling...i can cope if it only puts the speedo out and camber/alignment can be sorted with a kit, but anything more and ill stick with the normal different sizes......
Ive got some 9.5x18 +38 rears and 8.5x18 +32 fronts waiting to go on with Apex coilovers.

From what Ive been told the rears are not such a problem as there is alot of clearance in the rear arch.

You might want to get your rear arches rolled though.

Its the fronts that might cause problems rubbing on the coilovers.

Ive got a 255/35/R18 for the rear and 225/40/R18 for the front with tyres :)

F

Fro-Daddy

Thats my clearance on the front at the moment...

1. Do you think what is shown would be sufficient for driving?
2. Will this distance change when the car is dropped?
3. Will this distance change when the wheels are turned?

D

daniel83

Quick question.
17x9.5 et30 255/40/17
Suspension: RS*R lowering springs

Do you think it will work?
They are sitting on a Skyline R32 GTR right now.
Et are we not sure. Somewhere around 30.
OBS!! They are only for sideways driving. Only going too have them in the rear.

//Daniel

P

Pazz

Thats my clearance on the front at the moment...

1. Do you think what is shown would be sufficient for driving?
2. Will this distance change when the car is dropped?
3. Will this distance change when the wheels are turned?
Some more information would be helpful like sizes/offsets/current ride height/camber if known etc.

I think you will find that the clearance will change when the car is dropped as neg camber sets in. My concern would be the inner rim lip hitting the strut/locking collar.

In my oppinion it looks a little too close for comfort especially if you are running stockish height and have yet to drop the car.

F

Fro-Daddy

17x9 +30
Silkroad RM/A8
I was told 1.5° up front
Current ride height:

There is a tad over 5mm clearance now, I would really like to avoid using spacers if possible...

P

Pazz

Quick question.
17x9.5 et30 255/40/17
Suspension: RS*R lowering springs

Do you think it will work?
They are sitting on a Skyline R32 GTR right now.
Et are we not sure. Somewhere around 30.
OBS!! They are only for sideways driving. Only going too have them in the rear.

//Daniel
I would think ET30 9.5 and 255s would require some arch rolling at the very minimum. Once camber is corrected I think you'd have to go narrower tyre.

P

Pazz

17x9 +30
Silkroad RM/A8
I was told 1.5° up front
Current ride height:

There is a tad over 5mm clearance now, I would really like to avoid using spacers if possible...
The tyre doesnt look to be the problem. Ride height looks sensible. You might be able to squeeze a bit more clearance from reducing the camber to just 1 degree.

But a 9J ET30 would be better as a 9J ET22-25 with a stretched tyre or 20mm fenders.

F

Fro-Daddy

My tyres are slightly stretched, they are 215/45 on the front hehe. I might get them to reduce the camber when I get my alignment n shizz...

If the locking collars were up higher I wouldn't have even questioned the fitment...