What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I cant see how a 9j ET24 can fit under the arch without some serious camber. I have 8j ET30, running around 1.5 negative camber, and they are on the limit for being flush with the arch, any higher an offset and the wheel would be out past the arch.

The difference between mine and yours is: -
- You have 7mm less Inner Clearance (I have about 2mm max clearance from my coilovers, so that wouldnt fit)
- You Outer Position extends 19mm further out than mine, so if you are running say a 5mm spacer (to be only just touching the coilover) the other side would extend 24mm past the arch......

Do you have a profile picture of the wheels and arch?

D

D BOY

Wheels: ultralight atec
Size: 18x8 front and 18x9 rear
Offset: +35 front and +38 rear
Tyres: 235/40/18 front 245/40/18 rear
Spacers: 5mm
Suspension: apex gen 2 5/6 coilovers
Comments: you would get away with a 3mm spacer but went for a 5 to be safe, rear arches were rolled

H

hk^s15

I cant see how a 9j ET24 can fit under the arch without some serious camber. I have 8j ET30, running around 1.5 negative camber, and they are on the limit for being flush with the arch, any higher an offset and the wheel would be out past the arch.

The difference between mine and yours is: -
- You have 7mm less Inner Clearance (I have about 2mm max clearance from my coilovers, so that wouldnt fit)
- You Outer Position extends 19mm further out than mine, so if you are running say a 5mm spacer (to be only just touching the coilover) the other side would extend 24mm past the arch......

Do you have a profile picture of the wheels and arch?
Ive never ran slip on spacers before, specially after removing a wheel from my friends car and finding the spacer cracked in 3 different spots :eek:

the clearance of my coilover & rim is next to nothing. i cant even get my pinky finger in the gap without it being squashed. From my experiences different coilovers will have different clearances, previous HSD coilovers i had would of had no chance in clearing as they rubbed against the stock rim tyres until it melted a groove in the rubber! scary! Current coilovers i have are the cusco zero-1's & no spacers required for clearance.

sorry to sound ignorant but what is a profile picture of wheels and arch?

heres a pic after having the ride height raised, it was about 1.5 inches lower @ the front but it became a PITA driving around daily in fear that my new origin bar would cop a beating!

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Thats almost a profile picture, profile is along the side of the car showing the wheels clearance to the body.

Is that the fronts? Your coilovers must be alot thinner than mine, as there is no way i could fit a 9j et24 on the front, the wheel wouldnt turn.....

L

Ljungstrom

Help

I am looking for some new wheels for the s15, i'm interested in buddy club, but i can't find anyone in this thread that have this size.

according to japstartuning.se buddy club rims are only in this sizes:
1: Buddy Club 2 Plus 17X7.5 5X114.3 ET35 Gunmetal
2: Buddy Club 2 Plus 17X7.5 5X114.3 ET38 Gunmetal
3: Buddy Club 2 Plus 18x8.0 5X114.3 ET35 GunMetal
4: Buddy Club 2 Plus 18x8.0 5X114.3 ET38 GunMetal
5: Buddy Club SF 18X7.5 ET42 5X114.3 Gunmetallic

Does anybody now which wheel will fit best?
Ps. I?ve got stock suspension

Reaction score
Country
Id personally go for the Buddy Club 2 Plus 18x8.0 5X114.3 ET35 GunMetal allround. However its dependent on what you want ?

L

Ljungstrom

I think i want the Buddy Club 2 Plus 18x8.0 5X114.3 ET35 GunMetal allround, but do they fit bult-on, or do i need spacers?

Reaction score
Country
From everything ive read you should be fine with that. At most you may need a 5mm spacer on the fronts, depends on clearence of the standard shocks.

d.

Reaction score
When my replacement S15 arrives - i'm looking to fit it with some 17" prodrive GC-05F's.
These are available in the following widths and offsets:

7.5J - 34,39,44,48
8.0J - 43
8.5J - 34,39,44, 54

The prodrive recommendation is to go with 7.5J 34 front and 8.5J 44 rear, however I am not sure if staggered sets are worthwhile on a stock setup or if they are legal in NSW?

What would you recommend?

Reaction score
Ive got 17" White Prodrive GC-06H's on mine. Both are 7.5J +34 and fit perfectly. Ive got Teins but its not lowered. Im going to be selling these in a month or two as I want 18s. Not a chance in hell id sell these if they were bigger!!

V

vrtx

Im considering Volk TE37 for my car how good will these sizes fit?
I want them to fill the wheelhousings pretty good.
Should i go for another offset?
And what tire dim should i use?
18 7.5 +30 Front Recommended by Rays
18 8.5 +40 Rear Recommended by Rays

Reaction score
looking to upgrade my wheels, Now my current wheels are front 17" 8j +28, rear 17" 9j +28. My question is what size and offset would you guys recommend in 18" or 19"? The +28 just clears my front breaks by 2-3mm any help appreciated.

Reaction score
ive just noticed on the rays website that the only offsets available in 18" are +22 and +30, will these still be ok?

S

S1515

anyone guys? i would really like to order those wheels in that offset?

The closest it looks like is 9 inch X offset 22, however im pretty sure it will stick out in the rear