What's new

Zillalife X Garage 21 Rocket Bunny S15 Drift Car

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
That is exactly what I have been looking for. Is it a thermostatic sandwich plate too!? :)

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I was going to upgrade to it but i was thinking if it goes wrong = dead engine!! if it shuts etc so i left it. Will look at ways to block off the cooler if i over cool the oil etc.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah cool. I suppose if you have a temp gauge you can monitor it easily. Where did you get the kit from?? :)

tooley

Reaction score
Country
there is a tunning company on ebay that stock them. £111 for the 13 row cooler with rubber pipes. Then extra £20 for braided pipes, extra £10 for a 16 row or an extra £20 for a 19 row and an extra £40 for the thermostatic sandwitch plate.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i thought that if a thermostatic sandwich plate got stuck closed it would just divert oil as if the cooler wasnt there ????

S

S15 SILVIA

i thought that if a thermostatic sandwich plate got stuck closed it would just divert oil as if the cooler wasnt there ????
Yeh I thought that!
If it was stuck shut it would just bypass the cooler rad like it would when it's on warmup and the valve is shut.
Even if it shut open it would just be like a cooler without a thermostatic baseplate.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
got a link for them?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I've got the thermo plate on mine and seems to keep oil at a nice temp and is consistent :)

Took it on Silverstone National track last Sunday and ran x4 20 minute sessions. Before I had the oil cooler + thermo plate the oil temp would reach 120 deg (which is where I ease off and have to run cooling laps) within 2 laps??!! Now it doesn't get to that point till near the end of the 20 min session and that's with the performance upped as well. Plus as soon as one eases off, it only takes 1 lap to get the temp to drop back down below 110 deg again :thumbs:

tooley

Reaction score
Country
120 degrees is a nice temperature for the oil to be at on the track, mine is gettin to 140!!, do you get a controller for it in the car then james?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
James - I don't have a controller for the oil thermo if that's what you're asking??

Si - think my water temp was around 105 deg when the oil got to 120 deg...

tooley

Reaction score
Country
not sure si dont have a water guage bar the OEM one. Will be buying one soon.

it was in the middle untill the oil temp got to 140 then it started to rise so i slowed down and it settled.

S

S15 SILVIA

My car runs with the water temp around half way on the stock dial. I've also got a greddy info touch, which runs of the Diagnostic port, which when driving steady measures around 76oC. The most I've had it to is about 88oC, but I've not given it death yet! Does this sound about right? As far as I know all it's got is a nismo rad cap, not sure if the thermostat is standard.
Hey tooley, I've got a Blitz r vit 2 for sale if your interested, plugs into the diagnostic port like my greddy one, gives you some readings from various sensors around the engine.
Mike

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i dont track the car but as a rule when its up to temp, the coolant temp is generally always 10 degrees lower than the oil temp and they seem to directly correspond most of the time......

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Nice work there Tooley, that's definatly on my to do list. Is that the 16row version? I tried counting them but it made my eyes go all funny!

My car runs with the water temp around half way on the stock dial. I've also got a greddy info touch, which runs of the Diagnostic port, which when driving steady measures around 76oC. The most I've had it to is about 88oC, but I've not given it death yet! Does this sound about right?

76C is a tad low really mate. The standard thermostat doesn't even open until 80C, and the eleccy fan that is hidden between the viscous and rad kicks in at 95C and off at 90C. I personally class anything between 85-95 as being a 'normal' working temp for the water but this obviously varies with driving style/outside temp. I wouldn't like my oil to go much above 120C at any point either, but thats just me :)