What's new

Zillalife X Garage 21 Rocket Bunny S15 Drift Car

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Yes thats the 16 row one :D

Took her for a test drive she site nicly at 95oC at 80/90 MPH :D:D:D yay! took it up to 120/130 didnt get past 100oC sorted

Last edited:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
how do you find the quality of the kit?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
probably a dumb question, but what happens in the winter, can it cool the oil too much?

Looks good though, nice place to fit it..

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
That's why you fit a sandwich plate with a thermostat. If the oil is too cold it bypasses the cooler.

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Yea exactly im the winter it can be blanked off etc.

The quallity is amazing really happy with it. better than the unbranded ones :D

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Fans fitted,

Thermostat was **** so i hardwired it to a switch, anyone use a good thermostat?

Next on the list is big engine bay overhaull.

Painting the rocker cover
Painting the Intake plenum
Gettin a metal hard pipe
Samco hoses for boost lines
bla bla bla lol

And some ultra light wheel nuts!! :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Dont bother with a stat mate, they aren't very good. Have you seen my guide that I made the other day? It's in the electrical section.

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate i will re wire it tonigh.

However my car didnt have an elec fan, the loom is there and it was plugged into a blank plug. So hopfully it will still work.........?

I take it you have put the fused relay in because the tiwin fans are more powerfull? since wouldnt the ecu turn on the switched live after 95oC??
You have added a perminent live in your diagram so im assuming thats just to take the extra load dude to the wattage????

So in theory if one was to upgrade 1 fan they could simply use the existing loom and not worry about a relay etc?

------------------

Just to confirm you have a fused relay, wired to perminent live, and wired to the existing fan loom?

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
However my car didnt have an elec fan, the loom is there and it was plugged into a blank plug. So hopfully it will still work.........?
It should have had one originally and the plug should still be active either way. It goes into the same part of the loom as the plug that goes onto the solenoid (that James LuPix snapped :p) that controls the flow to the carbon canister.

I take it you have put the fused relay in because the tiwin fans are more powerfull? since wouldnt the ecu turn on the switched live after 95oC??
The fuse is there because the new circuit created wouldn't be fused otherwise, dependant on where you wire the positive supply in from.

You have added a perminent live in your diagram so im assuming thats just to take the extra load dude to the wattage????
The diagram is like that to keep it simple. Personally I would wire it to an ignition live if possible, but permemant live would be ok too as it is fused.

So in theory if one was to upgrade 1 fan they could simply use the existing loom and not worry about a relay etc?
Yeah :)

Just to confirm you have a fused relay, wired to perminent live, and wired to the existing fan loom?
That's how I wired James LuPix's one up for him as it was geting dark and rainy but we still need to tidy it up a bit when we get chance and wire it to an ignition live if he wants to. I haven't got round to doing mine yet, still using the revotec.

tooley

Reaction score
Country
Chhers craig, well i have put the viscous back in because it was overheating more, However i have wired the fans to a switch in the dash so when i push it on the track it dosent overheat. Worked brilliantly on sat.

so i have the viscous and the twin elec.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Thats strange. Are your twin elecs definatly both pulling the air through the rad towards the engine rather than pushing it the wrong way? Mine pull so much air through they are only on for about 30secs and they've cooled the water temp by 10C.

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
contary to popular belief, the viscous fan is very efficient at cooling the car. I believe even more than an electric fan setup, but that may be due to the shroud that goes with it.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, if you take the shroud off then it would be like p***ing into the wind! The air would just recirculate around the fan and it would do a terrible job. If you have the viscous you NEED the shroud for sure.

tooley

Reaction score
Country
My fans are pulling air through the right way, what make are yous? how much do they cost??

Im quite happy with this setup now tbh its best of both. i have extra cooling for when its needed.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Mine are the Apex ones with the alloy shroud. Theres a GB on at the moment on SXOC but you have to buy a rad at the same time to qualify for the cheaper ancillary prices. They were £79 IIRC - thats for both fans, and the alloy shroud.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I paid just over £100 for my twin leccy fans from Japspeed. Got x2 12" fans which fit perfectly within the 50mm Japspeed rad using cable ties (cheers Craig lol) to tie them on. Will replace plastic cable ties for metal ones soon as heard they'll go brittle over time with heat etc.

Yep the viscous is out now, so is shroud and as Craig tested for me, when it hits 90 deg using stock thermostat, the coolant temp is reduced back down to 85 deg within a minute easy so it's obviously working well. And that's when she's stood still idling!! :thumbs: