What's new

Dave_t's S15 Spec-R Aero

Reaction score
Country
final few pieces before mapping have been purchased.

TOMEI Expreme Turbo Elbow from FRSPORT.

now to buy a downpipe from them was working out at a ridiculous price with postage, due to the size of the item.

So i managed to find a Blitz downpipe from Amber Performance in the UK, for a more reasonable price.

And i replaced the faulty OEM boost gauge with an Apexi unit, to match my list of Apexi bits in the interior,

To fit it in the oem position i had to cut the surround out slightly bigger, which i did with a dremel with a diamond cutting bit.

just have to wire it in on my next day off.

Also bought a pair of 18x8.75 527's et35 for the front, to replace the 18x9.75 et20's. this will give me more clearence to go lower, without the tyres scrubbing. plus, i think the staggered setup should look quite good.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Man some lovely parts!! Tomei parts are top notch!
you going to be selling your pair of 9.75??
Car should look really nice with the staggered set up dude

Reaction score
Country
lol @ Jay. need to hit you up next time we have a little meet.

Blitz front pipe turned up today

Quality is as you would expect from Blitz

Waiting on the Tomei elbow to turn up, and new tyres for the 18x8.75 527's and then i'll be a busy boy.

Got tagged in some more pics on FB from the JAE weekend.

Reaction score
Country
lovely car mate and good man for importing a s15 to this country, any chance of you selling the nissan gear nob and if not then were the hell do you buy the original ones from, ive looked everywere with no luck and iam desperat for a clean original one

J

jaysevu

Hey mate, very nice car and I love the wheels. I'm looking at getting the same for mine , did you have any issues with inner clearence on the front? I'm worried about hitting my coilovers.

Reaction score
Country
lovely car mate and good man for importing a s15 to this country, any chance of you selling the nissan gear nob and if not then were the hell do you buy the original ones from, ive looked everywere with no luck and iam desperat for a clean original one
you would be suprised how many people have asked me for that, but unfortunately when it arrived at Liverpool docks it was missing. some light-fingered Japanese dock worker i'd imagine!

Hey mate, very nice car and I love the wheels. I'm looking at getting the same for mine , did you have any issues with inner clearence on the front? I'm worried about hitting my coilovers.
Yes mate you will need to space them out, i have used 5mm spacers and rolled the arches. they catch the inside of the wings on hard bumps in the road. Coilovers such as Driftworks CS2's which are designed with slimmer springs, will maximise wheel clearance so it depends what suspension you go for really.

So much love for this car Mr Turville!
So much love for the AE86 Mr Stokes.

Reaction score
Country
no way dirty little b******d, sorry to hear bout that mate and yea not surprised my car had low miles when i got it and the gear nob was worn so must be a common thing, thanks for the reply hope all gos well with the car

Reaction score
Country
Tomei Elbow has arrived -

The quality is just amazing, as you would expect.

i also collected a second boot from Shane, to install the oem spoiler onto, which i bought when the s15 was still on the water, on its journey from Japan!, as of course i don't want to ruin a perfectly good smooth boot.

not 100% sure whether it will be a permanent change, so will be keeping the smooth boot until i decide either way.

I had bought a front upper and rear upper strut brace a while back, and i have begun to refurb them ready to fit.

first step to split the mounts from the Brace

i then had them highly polished

and i'm now in the process of refurbing the mounts

BUT the biggest update, are these...............

DRIFTWORKS CS2's!!!!

These being the latest revision of the CS2's, now coming with Front Roller Bearing Spring Seats, Camber AND Castor adjustable top mounts, allowing you to dial in desired castor at the top of the strut, whilst keeping the wheel centered in the arch and reducing LCA bind.

can't wait to fit them next week!!!!

Picking up a new daily on Monday, which i MAY nab some parts off for the S15. these being one to mention

better use in the toy than the daily after all :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Cool seats, what car is that? I am looking for a new daily..
It's a bit of a downgrade from my current Audi A3 2.0TDI daily, but it will be quite a fun little car.

It's a Yaris T-Sport, 1500cc, pretty well spec'd and weighing around 900kg as it stands now.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
900kg,,,,,,, my left foot weighs more than that lol, lovely little car mate i really like them

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Awesome little runaround! Bet that handles like a go kart !!
nice bits going into your build dude, tomei elbow is top notch have one myself defo worth the extra money IMO

Reaction score
Country
Yes definitely worth the extra cash, with them being such a nightmare to change you don't want to buy a cheap one that will crack. Changing it once is more than enough haha.

Hopefully it will be a fun car, collecting it from north of the border tomorrow.

my mate had a very similar Suzuki Ignis Sport on coilovers, same weight & Bhp as the yaris- it lapped Bedford Aerodrome faster than the previous year, when he took his 197 Clio (with coilovers&remap). he swears its his favourite car to date lol. And he currently owns an Ep3.

The S15 will be getting lots of attention next week when I prep it to visit Greg@PROTUNER for the remap. Can't wait!

Last edited: