What's new

Dave_t's S15 Spec-R Aero

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
loads of cool stuff :) I went to the ring in 2011 you'll love it. Everything on mine held up fine, just one thing I would say is keeping the engine cool, as its a bloody long lap so you on it for a good length of time.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah good shout on the cooling, I have heat wrap for the manifold, elbow and downpipe to try and combat engine bay temps rising too much. I have thought about getting a Koyo rad, and maybe just a cooler thermostat. Anyone got any experience running them? Make much of a difference?

And thanks again Jordan!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I've got a bigger rad (DB Power) and the water temps were fine, just the oil temp got a little too high for my liking, so had to address it.

Reaction score
Country
Really nice project with some real top notch parts. I'm trying to work out wheel clearances so I can get my 9.5J torques on the front of mine without needing wider arches and without catching the inner. It's a real pain but you seemingly made it look easy with your XXR's.

I'm also going to the ring in May to try and better my 8:57 time in my S15 last year. When are you going? I'll be there 8th-13th. Also I'd recommend adding an oil cooler to your list of parts if you haven't already, my oil was hitting just over 130 degrees by the end of the lap, at 280hp with an uprated rad by the end of the lap.

I'm aiming for a sub 8:30 time this year, with the addition of about 40 more HP and track tyres.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Thanks Andy, i don't suppose your the 'yellow s15' on youtube? haha. watched your vids a few times now! looking forward to it. i think we will be there from the 22nd of May, for 5 days. when will you be there?

I have ordered the Tomei High Volume & Baffled Oil Pan and a Nismo cooler thermostat. I'm keeping my eye out for a Koyo rad too. Not long to get it all ready!

Reaction score
Country
Haha, indeed mate, that's me. My first ever trip there. 8-13th I'll be there. Id still reccomend an oil cooler too if you can stretch to it.

Reaction score
Country
I've not got one yet, my spec changes for this year are currently... hypothetical, haha. Had a mocal setup on an old s13 so probably going to go for another.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah A few friends have used mocal coolers in the past. Andy, (and whoever that has knowledge about them) i see the mocal oil cooler kit comes with a non-thermostatic sandwich plate, whilst the greddy oil cooler comes with a thermostatic sandwich plate. is there any disadvantages to the non-thermostatic?

Reaction score
Country
The Mocal setup I had was with a thermostatic sandwich plate. Personally, I'd want to get a kit which has a thermostat as you'll warm up to temperature faster and won't overcool the oil. You only really want the cooler to be doing work when on track or when things are getting toasty - so ideally you want a thermostatic one. I'm personally undecided on which kit to get for mine as I'd quite like one which has the facility to use my gauge sandwich plate, had filter relocation for ease and cleanliness and has a thermostat - I'm currently unable to find one which suits all my criteria, haha.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
I saw a pic on Finalboss of the inner arch, even that got me excited.

Reaction score
Country
LOL Jay, you know i like to keep you updated, im sorry ;-)

Well not had time to upload the tons of photos so just a quick update on a couple of things.

Tomei Manifold, Tomei Elbow, Blitz Downpipe, OEM gasket set, HKS Actuator & Braided Lines fitted

The T28 is like new - ZERO shaft play.

Also lined the mount for the Wiring connectors with Heat Shield Metal

ALSO, the most time consuming job EVER - Arch and Underbody underseal nearly complete. Just the rear boot floor underside left to top coat in black stone guard.

Cleaned every inch

Applied Zinc Primer and Underseal, and finished the arches in White Stone Guard :cool: Painted some brackets and fitted new bolts

& Fitted the new DRIFTWORKS CS2's

Test fitted the 10j's

DENIED

Unsurprisingly they need spacing out a little.

I will do a proper update soon, still a huge amount to do before the Nurburgring in May! A whole week off now to get her back on the road - Z32 rear brake conversion here i come, wish me luck :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Country
Dude! Cheers for the update that looks awesome! Whack those 5mm slip-ons I gave you and they won't scrub.