What's new

Dave_t's S15 Spec-R Aero

Reaction score
Country
i agree auss i want one of those elbows just to put on the self and look at there that nice lol :) its actually art work. and id defiantly have the yaris over a clio any day i love the clios think there great but you got 100% guarantee the the yaris will always go to the end of the earth and back with no problems cause its Japanese, a friend who had a clio 182 found his exhaust was burning a hole through his spare wheel well because it came from the factory with out a heat shield haha so had to make one but i think that's part of what they are and a fun little cars

Reaction score
Country
Nice update dude, loving the new parts!

I was tempted to order a set of CS2's or HSD's myself with the 20% off...kinda spent too much money on new brakes recentley though lol

Reaction score
Country
yeah i was kinda maxed out on the car fund, but i thought i'd try my luck and i offered my coilovers to sukhy who's starting an S14 build, and he gave me a deposit! so i though you can't miss 20% off a £905 set of coilovers. HSD's are really good too, ezza (white s14) runs them, really impressed.

Rather disappointed today, driving back from work she developed an exhaust blow, emanating from the manifold/turbo area. hopefully it's just the elbow bolts that are lose, as im changing it out for the tomei next week - fingers crossed it isn't the turbo-to-manifold gasket, replacing that will be cutting it fine before mapping as it's a crappy job to do.

Spending this evening prepping the new boot & spoiler for fitting.

Reaction score
Country
Well a big box arrived

My Driftworks CS2's!!

started removing the E-12 ENNEPETAL's and planned on undersealing the wheel arches while the suspension is off. this has turned into a full subframe off job! best to do it right first time :thumbs:

whilst i have the subframe off, i think it's best to replace the subframe bushes, and the diff bushes.

now from experience, what do you guys suggest? poly bushes or solid alloy bushes?

i can imagine poly bushes may squeak, whilst the solid bushes would transfer more vibrations through the cabin.

what do you guys suggest?

Now to the disappointing news

The exhaust blow it had developed turned out to be the turbo-to-manifold gasket, with just under a week before mapping, there was no time to fix it, being at work - so i spoke to Greg, and we will reschedule when i have repaired it.

Removing the manifold and turbo to simply replace the gasket seems a little pointless. so.................

Tomei EXPREME Turbo Exhaust Manifold Kit

A part i should of bought at the same time as my Tomei Elbow, before i even thought about mapping in all fairness, so i'm pleased in a way lol.

i will replace the oil and water lines for braided options whilst im at it. where is best to purchase these from?

Reaction score
Country
You have too much money mate! Such a nice a build.

On the subject of bushing the subframe I have polybushes on mine and don't get any squeaking.

Reaction score
Country
You won't be disappointed with the cs2's. I've never swapped suspension before but found it very straight forward to swap them over. Let me know how you get on with putting the abs sensor line back in the slot on the coilover thought, as I couldn't get mine in and ran out of time.

Reaction score
Country
Well a big box arrived

My Driftworks CS2's!!

started removing the E-12 ENNEPETAL's and planned on undersealing the wheel arches while the suspension is off. this has turned into a full subframe off job! best to do it right first time :thumbs:

whilst i have the subframe off, i think it's best to replace the subframe bushes, and the diff bushes.

now from experience, what do you guys suggest? poly bushes or solid alloy bushes?

i can imagine poly bushes may squeak, whilst the solid bushes would transfer more vibrations through the cabin.

what do you guys suggest?

Now to the disappointing news

The exhaust blow it had developed turned out to be the turbo-to-manifold gasket, with just under a week before mapping, there was no time to fix it, being at work - so i spoke to Greg, and we will reschedule when i have repaired it.

Removing the manifold and turbo to simply replace the gasket seems a little pointless. so.................

Tomei EXPREME Turbo Exhaust Manifold Kit

A part i should of bought at the same time as my Tomei Elbow, before i even thought about mapping in all fairness, so i'm pleased in a way lol.

i will replace the oil and water lines for braided options whilst im at it. where is best to purchase these from?

If you getting the mani from FRSport, you can get the DIF braided lines from them as we'll. these good quality and they fit.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Subframe you definitely want poly bushes , diff wise quite a few people use the solid bushes as it doesn't transmit much vibration through the car . I have poly bushes on mine but is personal choice really ....
Can't go wrong with dif braided line, have them fitted to mine the quality is superb!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I have some energysuspenion subframe and diff poly bushes I am unable to fit due to me removing the metal cups etc that I should have kept! Pm me if intetested.

Nice parts btw. Looking at getting that mani very soon too.

Reaction score
Country
good shout, i totally forgot to order braided lines at the same time, messaged them and they had already sent the manifold :down: so iv'e bought some from over here, with Earl's fittings.

anything else worth upgrading whilst the manifold/turbo is off?

Reaction score
Country
I have some energysuspenion subframe and diff poly bushes I am unable to fit due to me removing the metal cups etc that I should have kept! Pm me if intetested.

Nice parts btw. Looking at getting that mani very soon too.
When i fitted the energy suspension bushes I had to remove all the metal collars....subframe, control arms and diff subframe holes.

Reaction score
Country
Well after having a talk with Jay (Fruitbooter), there was no other option in my mind, but to go to town on the underside of the car. just check out his build thread if you need convincing, amazing work.

Jay suggested the consumables i would need, and i went a head and ordered them from Bilt-Hamber.

1kg Tub Deox-Gel
X2 - £18.34

1kg Tub Deox-C X1 -
£12.20

5ltr Jerrycan Surfex-HD
X1 - £14.28

1ltr Pail Dynax-UB X3 -
£34.50

1ltr Pail Electrox X2
- £59.90

750ml Aerosol Dynax-s50 X1 -
£13.23

Grand Total (Incl.Tax) - £152.45

A considerable expense, but i'm sure it will pay off in the long run.

Reaction score
Country
With the manifold and turbo off the only other thing I can think of is possibly ceramic coating the manifold and turbo housing. For my build i'm having them both coating by Zircotech, not cheap but it brings down under hood temperatures and is a proper alternative to having the wrap fitted (but with the bonus of not getting oil soak into the wrap), looks nice as well (http://www.zircotec.com/).

Reaction score
Country
Well it's been a while since i updated, a depressing 3 months of poor weather has seen little progress, but everything is in place to move forward as soon as it picks up!

my underbody treatments arrived

put her up on axle stands to remove and sell the current coilovers, to make way for the new CS2's!!! and prep for underseal.

will also notice i had fitted the new boot+spoiler

At the same time i started to remove everything on the exhaust side of the engine

to make way for the tomei elbow, tomei manifold, blitz downpipe and new braided lines.

and thats when the weather turned bad, and hasnt looked any better since, so things had stalled.

I then received another package from frsport

Decided on some brand new DIF 10035 Bottom Mount Turbo Coolant & Oil Lines Kit

TiTek Aluminum Lightweight Long Open Lug Nuts 4-Pack 12 x 1.25 BLACK

I hadn't had the turbo off before i made the order so i couldnt check, so just in case the turbo is in fact a BB turbo, i ordered a DIF 10016 Turbo Oil Restrictor -3AN to 7/16-24 (.032" Oil Hole Size), as this is the fitting required for the BB. a smaller restrictor than normal non BB's.

and to explain why it all arrived in an Apexi box

Apexi 517-N001 Aluminum Induction Box - Nissan S14/S15 SR20DET - Cant wait to fit this!

As the new year started, i felt like a change on the interior side

i had been looking for one of these for ages, and i finally found one

A Nardi wheel that could quite honestly be an S15 optional extra lol. its a perfect match for the S15's interior

coupled with a black leather Nardi shift knob

I also received my cooling panel back from the paint shop, looking absolutely fantastic! they did a great job of refinishing it

Reaction score
Country
Then it happened. I booked the Nurburgring for May 2013! so thing's have taken more of a track vibe.

first of all i sold the set of 6 XXR 527's, to make way for some more track orientated wheels

A set of brand new 18X10 ET18 Work Emotion XD9's in White

with a 3 month wait on these as they were coming in a container shipment, i needed some other wheels for when i get her back on the ground.

I went down to meet Jordan and did a deal on his 18x10 ET20 Enkei RPF1 Rep's

Wanting some decent grip for the ring', i went ahead and bought yet another set of wheels

18X9.5 ET30 ROTA GRID DRIFTS, with Extremely good condition Toyo R888's. Buying them with the intent of retaining the R888's and selling on the Wheels.

I had the tyres removed and they will be hibernating until May for the ring.

I plan to use the RPF1's with the R888, as i want to keep the XD9's away from the tyre machine as much as possible lol. Most likely selling the Rota's but unsure yet, i quite like them. i will advertise on here if i do (hint - no messages please lol)

To aid clearance at the front with the 18x10's, and to blend in nicely with the rear overfenders, i bought some +20mm Front Wings (single vent)

I had since gone off the idea of using the oem rear spoiler, so looked at alternative

Deciding to go ahead with my smooth boot and a new subtle spoiler

The jury is still out, on what exact make/model it is but i love it!

Also picked up a more track orientated wheel setup

Will need to order a worksbell short hub too otherwise the wheel will sit under my chin lol

As soon as this weather picks up i can get cracking again, first off is undersealing. then back onto the mechanical side of things. 4 months to get her up to scratch before the ring, if thats not motivation i dont know what is!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I swear your buying all the stuff I was looking at ha ha was gonna buy some grids and that spoiler lol this is gonna be awesome once you get it all back together dude. Look forward to seeing it all done! Love the enkei btw very nice