What's new

DB's S15 Build Thread

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hey no pressure!!!
But you know it makes sense ;)
Going to look sweet as mate!! The vvl bit is a separate badge is it not? So if you don't like it you can take it off I think it's going to look awesome man! Love that colour too!! You know that means purple hoses now....... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Country
Funny enough when I was looking at Google Images for the the purple I came across the exact same rocker and then change to grape, like minds and all that :)

Rocker and swirl pot going to powder coat Satuday, so next week some pics to be uploaded.

Reaction score
Country
It might be a bit too much to be honest but its a bit of fun so I'll see how it comes out.

i've just realized that Mazworx do a female tap on the rocker cover vent ports when there doing builds, rather than the male AN fittings I've had welded on and to be honest there's look better and cleaner.

So I've already priced up a P12 cover (RHDJapan) which is a different more modern shape to the P11 but is compatible with the P11 head. So might just get this and have them do there standard red crinkle finish with the CNC Mazworx logo in it as we'll...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I like the sound of that!!! I was checking out crinkle finishes yesterday funnily enough and came a cross this - http://www.gasup.it/en/riloplast/
Thought only red and black was available but they do some cool colours. seeing as your spending so much on the build it needs to be perfect IMO otherwise that one little thing will bug you when it's finished!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I did red crinkle finish on my rocker cover for the S15, it looks very cool. Have a look a few pages back.in my thread for pictures

Edit: I found a picture to save you searching

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I like the sound of that!!! I was checking out crinkle finishes yesterday funnily enough and came a cross this - http://www.gasup.it/en/riloplast/
Thought only red and black was available but they do some cool colours. seeing as your spending so much on the build it needs to be perfect IMO otherwise that one little thing will bug you when it's finished!
Had a look on their site and it looks like a proper quality finish, previously i'd only thought of having a flat finish but it's turning me around now. Maxworks always do the red crinkle on the motors they build so they must have a powder coater that does this, and you're very right in that I want it to be perfect so little things like this will bug me, i'm not over the moon with the welding on the rocker as it is, so looks like i will have a spare rocker in the end. (shame as it's cost me over $200 for the welding and Earls AN fittings already :( )

I did red crinkle finish on my rocker cover for the S15, it looks very cool. Have a look a few pages back.in my thread for pictures
Found it on pg24, looks nice with the carbon cover... I found the P12 rocker cover on RHD and thought ok £90 I can live with that but then found the coil pack cover is another £60, d'oh... But I think it's the way to go, I need to order something off RHD anyway as I bought my Craft Square mirrors from them and didn't realise that I had to buy the stickers seperately and they only allow you to buy the stickers if you've bought the mirrors, so another order is on the cards, plus i've got to buy the Naprec low mount power steering bracket from RHD as well, so going to do that at some stage.

Cheers guys....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I do kinda like the red crinkle but its a pita to keep looking clean is standard on k20 Honda engine and both mine look filthy 90% of the time ha ha ha I say do it though red on white always looks great dude you can do some cool stuff too like maybe the cage to bring the theme through the car ... Either way glad its all coming together and you are still being patient with it!!!! Gonna be sooo worth the wait!

Reaction score
Country
More Valves and Timing Gear Parts

Little update.

Rocker cover was dropped off at the coaters last weekend, they think 2-3 weeks for the coat but might be sooner, they also said that the metal VVL plaque will likely come off during the prep stage oven bake (didn't know there was one), so if it does i'll have to paint it as they said they couldn't coat it seperately as there's no way of hanging it, d'oh..

Got a few more valves and guides (nearly got them all now) and also starting getting the timing components as these parts will be completely replaced as well, not getting the standard chain as I found a reinforced one from Naprec while browsing RHDJapan. Was going to get the Naprec lower power steering mount from them as well, but as i'm going dry sump I actualy have no idea where the alternator is going to be mounted and i'm guessing it might mess with the power steerting pump mount so i'm going to leave that for the moment until i've spoken with Mazworx. Also got a set of ACL Thrust bearings as these will go with the other parts to WPC for treatment.

Reaction score
Country
VVL Rocker Cover and Water Swirl Pot (Powder Coat)

Got my parts back from the coaters, they've done a good job to be honest.

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate, the lightings pretty rubish in my house so the photos haven't come out well, but i'm happy with it. My little helper has run off with the Greddy cap for the swirl pot, don't know if i'll see that again :(

The VVL plaque is off as it was removed for the coating, they coating the plaque in the end which was a bonus as I though i'd have to paint it. Need to glue it back on.

Some more goodies on route for next weekend, so will post some more then...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha gotta love kids!! Can still see the colour well in the pics though on the corners etc you can see the depth of it, looks really nice!
Look forward to the next update I do love this thread lol

Reaction score
Country
Cheers, I think it's come out well, plus it hides the dubious welds the shop did :)

Still might go to a P12 cover but this will do for now.

Reaction score
Country
Hall effect cam sensor - and double valve springs

Now for some new parts.

As the VVL head is normally fitted to traverse engine layouts and ours are longitudinal, the CAS is fitted on the right hand side (traverse) but now longitudinal it's at the back of the engine bay hitting the bulk head.

Some people still fit the CAS there but typically fab is required. So the other option is to fit a Hall Effect Sensor Kit on the cam itself, this is the route i've gone.

Still working on the final parts for the head, I just got the Supertech Double Valve Springs and Titanium Retainers :)

All this lot from the wife for my Birthday, game on !!!

Reaction score
Country
Lol, for sure..... Beats getting socks, lol.....

My boys bought me Halo 4 as well, so all together spot on.....