What's new

DB's S15 Build Thread

Reaction score
Country
VE and DET Rocker Covers

With all the VET works, my DET is fealing a bit left out, so i've powder coated a spare DET rocker cover to match the VET.

Picking this up from the powder coaters a guys had brought in a brand new set of Volk TE37s and had them powder coater Candy Blue for his WRX, they looked amazing, might have to have a re-think about my wheels now :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Man man man! Glad you went for that colour in the end looks fricking awesome!!
Check out kandy teal works xd9's on YouTube, is the colour I'm gonna do my rims when I get my new wheels!
You have any idea when you will start building the car yet mate????

Reaction score
Country
Just checked them out, they look awesome, I do have a thing for candies... What this space, have something in the works for my street wheels before I get my TE37SLs.... :)

Some news on the actual build, after 2.5years in the US i'm coming back to blighty in July for good, need a few weeks to settle back in then i'm on to the build, brakes, wheels and footworks first, then electrics (new ECU, wiring etc), then probably in Jan14 final engine build and ship. Then it's game on ;) Complete Strip out, New Aero, set up and test throughout the year and then Time Attack 2015 here I come......

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
TE37SL are just the best ever wheels for a 15! I know I will never afford some so have stopped looking ha ha those xd9 look class though really like the colour, kandy are cool colours just get deeper the more layers you do!
I'm starting to get a bit excited ha ha might sound sad but I'm really looking forward to seeing this all finished is one epic journey!!!! Gonna be so awesome !!!!

Reaction score
Country
TE's are a fine choice if you make it happen. I was thinking the same thing you were. Get a set of Works since they are quality and a fair bit cheaper, and a set of Volks to roll to the track and shows.

Reaction score
Country
TE's are a fine choice if you make it happen. I was thinking the same thing you were. Get a set of Works since they are quality and a fair bit cheaper, and a set of Volks to roll to the track and shows.
I'll definately be getting TE37s be it SLs or RTs, but more likely some iteration of the SLs. Plenty to do first however... (including my daily wheels)

Reaction score
Country
Can you get the powdercoating done in these candy colours in the UK?:confused:
I have no idea, been in the US so long now don't know what going on back home any more, maybe Chris knows?

This is the place that's done my powder coating (30mins up the road :) - Info just for colour charts

http://boneheadperformance.com/color-charts/

I hope there are places in the UK, anybody else know of a good powder coater that can shoot candies?

Reaction score
Country
It all looked like a plan until I got the quotes, $300 for the alternator and $250 for the starter motor, erm....

So I didn't do it in the end, still have them though, i'd forgotten about these with all the other stuff going on until you mentioned it. If I can get the bolts off the alternator i'd like to get it powder coated now, but will have to see. Not sure if the starter motor can be powder coated, will ask the shop. I'm back at the powder coaters in a couple of weeks and will see what I can do...

Reaction score
Country
Back in the UK I got my first one done for about £30 (through another member on here), was ok but not a great job.

In the US it cost be $85.00 for the powder coating, it's $50 for standard colours and 50% extra if a 2 coat process is required (either base coat or clear coat).

Mine was Translucent Grape which is a 2 coat.

For price comparisons for virtually anything to be powder coated check out the link below, this is the place that does mine

http://boneheadperformance.com/powder-coating/automotive-powder-coating-prices/

Reaction score
Country
Daily Wheels

Have bought some wheels for daily use, candy red powder coat to come. Wish they were real but that's for another day :)

18x9.5J ET22 for the rear and 18x8.5J ET22 for the front. Some pull and push needed for sure to get them to fit but here we go.

Should have all the wheels in and powder coated by the end of June..

Reaction score
Country
You have a good eye, they are Varrstoen. Their proper cheap with free delivery, so will do for now.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I was looking at them myself is why ha ha heard some bad things about the quality though which kind of put me off as there wasn't a lot of information available for them! But saying that everyone slates rota and I have had no issues!
can you let me know what you think of them please mate ;)

Reaction score
Country
Initial impression is that they look fine, good finish, all looks solid. I guess the proof is when they're on the car, so we'll see. But so far so good.

Reaction score
Country
Syvecs S6GP ECU

Another delivery for today, this time my new ECU

Syvecs S6 with full knock control :)

Have a load of parts still to get for the ECU system but this is the main piece...

Reaction score
Where did you get the wheels from? I've been trying to find a supplier over here for ages, stopped looking a while back mind. I went to view an Evo summer last year that had a set of these on it and it looked awesome. I really wanted a set on the S15.