What's new

DB's S15 Build Thread

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate, Detailing is a hobby of mine, not touched the interior yet, but the exterior has been snow foamed, two bucket washed, decontaminated with AQuarts Iron Cut/Dodo Juice Clay and then sealed with Werkstat Prime and Jett Trigger, will get around to laying down a couple of layers of wax today as well.

Next week i'm having the alignment done and then some new tires fitted (cheers Jay/JameS/Dean), then next month I should be able to post on the Ikeya Formula arms install.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cool man,I like to detail my cars too just tryin to find the time nowadays as I end up spendin about 7-8 hours per car nowadays lol
That was the first thing I did when I got my car was have a full set of adjustable arms and had the allignment done ,along with some decent tyres to stop it trying to kill me (my car was runnin 7 degrees neg camber at the rear lol!!!!!

Good luck with it all though mate,looks like you have a good idea of what you want to do!

Reaction score
Country
I know what you mean about the 7-8hrs, did the Misses Alfa Mito that other day and it was a good 8hr job and i didn't even crack out the rotary lol..

Yep desperate to get the arms fitted, re-aligned and some new rubber on, every time I drive it wet or dry I think it's trying to kill me :) lol

I've picked up a load of good info from you guys on the forum over the last couple of months, but still think I have a lot to learn though, cheers

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Your not wrong there mate, everyone on here is very friendly and know a hell of a lot about their cars,if u are ever unsure you can chuck up a thread and be sure to have the answer by the end of the day!
The arms and decent rear tyres I think made the biggest difference to the way the car handles mate u won't be disappointed,my car had a 2 way nismo diff from a skyline when I bought it and man did that thing lock up,but just changing all the alignment made it much easier to deal with and less likely to send me sideways round corners lol!
Do you know what bonnet that is on your car dude? Is it frp?

Reaction score
Country
To be honest I have no idea what the bonnet is but yep it's frp, they had to fit bonnet catches once it came in the UK as the edges of the bonnet started to flare up at speed, nice :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cool man,cheers for that, I really like the single vented bonnets,seems all the carbon ones are either oem or have triple vents :wack: Thanks again mate!

Reaction score
Country
yep top quality, had a nightmare trying to get the gaiter to fit though, the original plastic surround was missing a section and broken, lots of messing around with superglue but got it fitting nice in the end, gotta love that JDM pink.. lol

Before

After

Reaction score
Country
Cheers, I was lucky as the Vertex kit was already on the car when I got it, the paint match is pretty good really.

Reaction score
Country
Hi Mate, can i check what is the size of the blitz intake. I think they sell various sizes and i have no idea what the size refers to. I think te sizes available are
80mm, 90mm, 100mm. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Country
Hi, I purchased the S15 specific kit from Sumo Power, the filter size itself doesn't change only the opening in the mounting bracket that connects to the AFM, the different sizes are for connection to different size AFM's, I will have to open up the size of mine soon as i'm changing from AFM to MAP sensor and will have a straight through pipe fabricated from turbo to air filter removing the AFM, opening up the hole in the mounting bracket looks pretty straight forward though.
I would recommend purchasing the S15 specific version, that way you get all the hardware needed for the install (which isn't much to be honest) but it was a dead easy install took only 5mins.
You can change the position of the filter shield to change the tone of the air intake (sounds pretty cool), I have mine fully extended at the moment.

Reaction score
Country
Yep, Vertex Lang all round with a BN Sports bonnet. To finish off the outside i'd like to get a standard Aero spoiler and remove the middle upright/brake light or get the Vertex Lang lip spoiler, not sure which way to go yet. Also need to get the mirror brackets painted as I don't think it looks right with a metal finish.

Reaction score
nice, i reckon lip spoliers FTW myself. Im going for a Vertex Kit not lang though with Dmax Lip spoiler. you got a peach there though... my concern is colour matching when the time comes lol. how much power you running with the uprated tubby?

Reaction score
Country
Vertex Ridge then?. Haven't seen the Dmax one will have to have a look at that. The tubby's not installed yet, I was waiting on the Circuit Sports fuel rail and the Nismo injectors which I've got now, still have some more electronics to get before the works done (HKS AFK, Twin Power). I've just moved over to the US for 12months and a mate of mine is looking after the S15 while i'm gone, due to the move and all the agro that goes with it i've put the upgrade on the back burner.

Have been in touch with ProTuner (Greg Gush) for the install and mapping which is now likely to happen in March, will post up the dyno graphs once it's done though.

Should have the rear adjustment arms installed by then as well so might have some chance of keeping her in a straight line :)

Reaction score
no just straight Vertex.. same as ridge but without the wide fenders. Woow you trust you mate with the S15, he must be a trustworthy dude.

this is dmax spoiler

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
nice, i reckon lip spoliers FTW myself. Im going for a Vertex Kit not lang though with Dmax Lip spoiler. you got a peach there though... my concern is colour matching when the time comes lol. how much power you running with the uprated tubby?
If you get someone to paint the car who has experience with painting pearls, or better still WK0 pearl white, then there won't be any problems. You can't just paint one panel though. If you fit a bodykit you'll have to paint most of the car in order to blend the colour.