What's new

Gauging Interest!!!!

Reaction score
Country
I am currently building a custom battery relocation kit to allow a stock sized battery to be used. I know a lot of you have had to switch to smaller battery's when fitting a FMIC which tend not to work to well due to there size.

The main part of the kit is the battery cage which will fit on the bench behind the rear seats in the boot where it cannot be seen ( unless you bend down or drop the rear seats) I Chose this location as it is easily accessible and adds some more weight over the rear wheels. The cage its self is a box design with one lowered side to allow easy access to the battery. It is also made from 1mm stainless steel so will never loose it's polished finish and is also supper strong! I am currently welding my design up and once it is done I will post up the pictures. Just wanted to know how many people would be interested in one of these???

Kit would comprise of;

Stainless battery box ( inc pre drilled holes in correct places)
5m of 25mm2 battery cable
1x pre terminated earth
1x pair of gold plated battery connectors
1x Stainless battery tie bar to fit onto the tray
All bolts and fixing required
detailed instructions on fitting

Price would be around £80-£100 maybe less just depends on numbers??

Reaction score
Country
sounds interesting mate, i've been planning on doing this for a while, but its the cable i'm struggling to find. it needs to be thick enough not to suffer from too much loss, thus not starting the engine.. where are you getting them from?

but as for if i'm interested, i'd have to see the finished product. but i use my rear 'boot shelf' so i'd be mounting mine on the right of the boot behind the carpet. that cubby hole that should have a door on both sides, but doesnt. :)

Reaction score
Country
Well the tray has four pre drilled holes so there is nothing stopping you fitting it anywhere else. I have just chose to mout mine behing the seats as I never use the boot. The cable is 25mm cable so losses will be minimal! Tbh you won't get much loss from any cable at that thickness. All you have to do is use cable with lots of strands. The more strands the less loss :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I might be interested in this mate,I have been thinking about wire tucking my bay so would make sense to move the battery while I am at it to have a nice tidy bay!!!

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
Definitely sounds like a winner - I ended up putting mine in a big Moroso box in the boot of mine. Some design points to not from this are:

1. it is 'hermetically' sealed - with a vent tube to the atmosphere (not in the car) to avoid any nasty fumes etc entering the car
2. it has an appropriate 'trip' switch isolator for safety (and also useful when the car is left over winter to disconnect the battery)

this is the chap: http://www.moroso.com/catalog/categorydisplay.asp?catcode=42001

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Interested in the long run, probably have to fit a small battery for now!