What's new

Open Event: Japfest - 12th May 2012

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Nickichi- Do you reckon it might be best if everyone brought their own stuff for the BBQ?

Saves you shedding out a load of money on burgers etc.

If your happy with doing it then we will all chip in to pay for what everyone wants! i'd defo have a burger and sausage, so it's gonna cost 2-3quid for that inc buns etc.

Drinks I think should be brought by everyone, as there's gonna be differences in what they want.

Reaction score
I agree with Sam, its unfair for someone to pay for all the food, even though its a generous offer. People who eat should chip in, me and my miss' will have our own drinks anyway, so that'll be covered.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Just counted all the tickets out. luckily all works out! :D James I have 4 spare stand passes going from whats on my list and how many I have left over. So your mates are all good.

Als- Seems early pal I know! people coming from further a field than us though if its any consolation! Yeah all still good to cruise up from Shepton Google says an hour from there(that about right?). I'll try get everyone Yeovil based to come along to. Did you want to shoot over and meet up with the convoy or just come into the show?

I had been keen to take Sam up on his kind offer of crashing at his so would have less car cleaning to do on the Saturday and a far less early start! :rotfl:

The food Is a tough one. I guess if we all bring what we all want, couple of burgers ect thats fine. Saves Nickichi being either left out of pocket of with 300 burgers to take home.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yep deffo agreed on the food. Was gonna offer Nickichi money towards what I ate or bring my own stuffs to cook :)

Awesome Mike!!

My mates have confirmed they definitely want to join our stand so if you can reserve those two passes and edit the first page that'll be great. Thanks buddy :thumbs:

I'm now considering booking a hotel room for the night before... still glad the rendezvous is earlier rather than later... makes sense!!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Ok so all agreed bring your own food and drink, nickichi will then just have to bring the BBQ!

Mike- Just a few questions mate, Are going to the track early and not coming to the final RV?

Just wandering about collecting tickets etc before the RV for the final convoy, so on entry everyone has their tickets etc and can go straight in!

Shall I meet you early to collect them and hand them out at the Final RV? Letting you go off to find our spot and set up!

Also on a different note: S15_james wants a stand pass for his new jap toy! I told him to PM you to find out if you have some.

Last edited:

Mike

Reaction score
Country
First post updated matey.

Yeah staying closer to the show is very tempting! Saves lugging so much cleaning gear too! (white wheels :annoyed:)

Hopefully will all go smoothly.

Sam, short answer is not sure yet. The way we are coming up brings us to the rv point basically, so i can drop them to you and shoot off and let you hand them out. Seems the easiest plan i think. :eek: I imagine we'll hit traffic, so posting them to you might be easiest... pm me you number pal and we can work something out!

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll come across with you guys to Chippenham.

Als- Seems early pal I know! people coming from further a field than us though if its any consolation! Yeah all still good to cruise up from Shepton Google says an hour from there(that about right?). I'll try get everyone Yeovil based to come along to. Did you want to shoot over and meet up with the convoy or just come into the show?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
BTW - who's out on track for Castle Coombe??

I know Adam (S15AK) is on the same SXOC club session as me :D

Here are my sessions...

12:18 K
14:24 Q
14:42 SXOC

So after my second session I'm straight out for my third haha?! :wack:
Yep I am doing the later time slots, I haven't had my times yet, I take it they tell you when you get the tickets through the post?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yep I am doing the later time slots, I haven't had my times yet, I take it they tell you when you get the tickets through the post?
Yep they will let you know as soon as you get your tickets and track details delivered mate :)

Well, I've booked a hotel room now for the night before as it prevents me from having to leave home at 4.45am!! :wack: Really looking forward to this now :D :D

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
So looking forward to this too, but have so much to do! Hopefully a few unique things too. That is probably why we all chose S15's to begin with.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Yep they will let you know as soon as you get your tickets and track details delivered mate :)

Well, I've booked a hotel room now for the night before as it prevents me from having to leave home at 4.45am!! :wack: Really looking forward to this now :D :D
I still need to book a hotel, which one have you gone for?

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
sorry, hard to keep track of the site on a phone while travelling.

OK then I'll bring the BBQ equipment and a couple of chairs, I'll chuck a few extra burgers in the car for myself and anyone else who may forgot to bring their own. (I'll just end up eating them myself anyway)

Had a look at google maps, says it will take an hour from my place so im guessing more like 45-50mins down the M4, I'll leave my place just before 6:00 and meet at the RV point

Still praying for sunshine next Sunday so Jem can detail the car. Weather reports are looking promising at the moment.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah I'll be having everything crossed for decent weather... especially if I'm going out on track as well... will be more like a drift session if it gets wet lol!!! :wack:

Awesome Nickichi!! If I forget to bring my BBQ food I'll drop some cash with you and have one of your specials :D

Last edited:

Nickichi

Reaction score
Website
forum.s15oc.com
Country
Just checked the Japfest site, we're in Area E, staright in from gate C and park it hopefully

Area E

Ae92 Owners Club, Berkshire Scoobies, Celica Club UK, Cymaerg Scoobie Club, Del Sol UK, Epcivic, FTO Owners Club, GIHR Club, Glos Jap Club, GPJC (Gloucester Performance), Gto UK,
Gtr Owners Club, Herts Jdm, Honda Haters Inc, JPOC, Kei Kars in The Park, Oh-Yeah! Trackteam, P1 Web Owners Club, Rebel Motorsport/Civic Type R Owners Club, S15 Owner Club, S2k UK, Starlet Club, Street Legion, Suzuki Sport Owners Club, Swift Owners, TB Developments, UK-MX3.Com

2012-club-map-1100ab.jpg

http://www.japfest.co.uk/2012/04/27/2012-club-layout/

big surprise, SXOC is over in A. Wonder if buying all those tickets had anything to do with it :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Sxoc were in area e last year weren't they?? As long as we we get a good spot in area e I think it'll be better there - all the action on track is right in front of you!! :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
yeah im not a big fan of area A! As its too far from any decent corners! Area's B and C are best but this year they've let the longest running japfest regulars go there! area E is a goodun!!!
think ive asked before but does anyone know if the club stands are set by the organisers? or first come first serve?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Liking Area E... good access to Quarry :)

I never even visit Area A last year lol :wack:

Believe it's supposed to be first come first served (that's what they told me last year) but I think even without the 10 year anniversary this year, it's kind of given that the clubs that go regularly still get the best spots. Which is fair enough as all of us would expect to be rewarded for a bit of loyalty!!

Just found a good guide to driving the track:

http://castlecombetrackday.bristolpegasus.com/the-circuit