What's new

Paul2x Spec-R Project

Reaction score
Country
Very nice manifold there!! Are you running a screamer pipe for that gate or back to the exhaust system? Please say screamer pipe :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
very nice. there is some money there.

P

Paul2x

Out with the old in with the new.
Did a complete overhaul on the PPG Dog Box, threw a spare stock 5 speed in their while I was doing the overhaul on the other box. After a half season gears looked brand new. Refreshed with all new berings,

Nismo 4.63 Ring and Pinion:
Perfect match for the ratio's in the PPG box. Really wakes the car up.

Very nice manifold there!! Are you running a screamer pipe for that gate or back to the exhaust system? Please say screamer pipe :)
Thanks very much, ran it out for a day then routed it back since the car still sees alot of time on the street. But i've had the itch lately to route it back out, we'll see. =)

Thanks again for the comments.

:thumbs:

Last edited:
P

Paul2x

Yashio Factory Tenka Igniton Harness: (Yashio on the left, Standard on the right):

Peak Performance Sub-frame collars:
Also replaced all sub-frame bushings with Nismo units

More coming =) :cool:

Last edited:
P

Paul2x

paul whats the story behind the yashio ignition harness? What gains can you expect from it if you get me?
Well when you see it in person it's much beefier than the OE unit, and also has a relay that is attached directly to the battery to pull extra amps when needed. I was having some mis-fire issues when I started to run some real boost, and it turns out that 15's are notorious for this problem due to the coil packs. In my research I found that several of the "hard core" 15's out their usually end up running some other sort of ignition set-up, like switching to S14 ECU and coilpacks. Since Yashio Factory has several S15 customers they found it easier to come up with their own solution in this harness.

I didn't do a before and after dyno but, with my mis-fire issue it made a drastic improvement.

I'm headed back to the dyno so maybe i'll do a test on it, but it's evident it's an improvement over the stock unit.

P

Pazz

Lookin good Paul!

What about some Splitfire coilpacks? Pretty sure they put out higher amps to give a stronger spark. Good for those high boost/high rpm motors.

P

Paul2x

Lookin good Paul!

What about some Splitfire coilpacks? Pretty sure they put out higher amps to give a stronger spark. Good for those high boost/high rpm motors.
Thanks very very much.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Splitfire coilpaks. I know their notorious for causing problems with GTR's but not sure about SR.

New packs are defently in the line up but figured I see if I can correct the problem with some cheaper options first.

When I go that route, I'll go with the Okada Projects coil packs or new set of OEM units. :D

M

Matt_S

Thanks very very much.

I've heard nothing but bad things about the Splitfire coilpaks. I know their notorious for causing problems with GTR's but not sure about SR.
Really? I know of a handful of SR guys runing them and no probs yet.

I hadnt heard any derogatory at all :confused:

Reaction score
Country
Splitfires are pretty famous in oz as well but that's because it's cheaper to replace it with splitfires than stock coilpacks. Splitfires are known to cause problem if you are running lots of boost.

That's when msd and the likes starts to get into the equation

P

Paul2x

Splitfires are pretty famous in oz as well but that's because it's cheaper to replace it with splitfires than stock coilpacks. Splitfires are known to cause problem if you are running lots of boost.

That's when msd and the likes starts to get into the equation
Yeah, that what I was told as well.

:cool:

P

Paul2x

Just arrived: :cool:

Biot 2-piece GTR rotors

Install pic's coming soon.

Spec's on Page 1 updated =)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
very nice split discs... i regret not gettiing split one for my conersion, i used pmu scr slit disc, but they are just soo heavy.
cant wait to see completed conversion

P

Paul2x

very nice split discs... i regret not gettiing split one for my conersion, i used pmu scr slit disc, but they are just soo heavy.
cant wait to see completed conversion
They sould be lighter. These are almost 4.5lbs lighter / rotor then the standard GTR rotors.

-9lbs of rotating weight +purple hats = :thumbs: & :cool:

T

thehiddensound

WHAT UP YO!!!

Man Paul, your car is coming out so sick. This is the first time I have been to this thread and your photography is really A+ too. We should go do another tandem shoot since I'm not lift nasty anymore.

Thanks for the props! :nod::nod::nod:

F

Fujiyama

Paul your car is simply amazing
The build quality and attention to detail is amazing, Props for tracking such a nice car:D

Just wanted to say hey from another us s15 owner
I think you have seen my car around online

not as functional as your car but mainly for just cruising:D

Last edited:
P

Paul2x

Paul your car is simply amazing
The build quality and attention to detail is amazing, Props for tracking such a nice car:D

Just wanted to say hey from another us s15 owner
I think you have seen my car around online

not as functional as your car but mainly for just cruising:D
LOL Thanks very much,

But I gotta hand to you and the Fortune crew.
Saw your spread a few days ago, Congrats Car looks amazing!
Didn't know it was such a journey with your car.
You have Great taste!

Don't have another track event coming up anytime soon so putting the car back on the ground and HOpefully by next week my new "street" wheels will be in, then i kick it with you guys in the O.G Fortune world. lol

Thanks again,

I'll pm ya my info so we can all keep in-touch.

-Paul =) :thumbs:

F

Fujiyama

thanks!
We actually tracked the blue s15 last August and it was a blast. I can't wait to see your car on street wheels:nod:

LOL Thanks very much,

But I gotta hand to you and the Fortune crew.
Saw your spread a few days ago, Congrats Car looks amazing!
Didn't know it was such a journey with your car.
You have Great taste!

Don't have another track event coming up anytime soon so putting the car back on the ground and HOpefully by next week my new "street" wheels will be in, then i kick it with you guys in the O.G Fortune world. lol

Thanks again,

I'll pm ya my info so we can all keep in-touch.

-Paul =) :thumbs: