What's new

SR20VET S15 omg

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
As I am about to move to Cornwall moving the shell around would be a bit mad, so tomorrow I'll talk to Greg at Protuner tomorrow and see if they can get the lot done and back up and running sooner rather than later. Screw getting a house eh..

On the up side the 20V cams do seem good for the level I'm going for, and the GTX is doing better on the VE head then a DET. Bigger ex. housing will let us bring on the high lobe sooner. And with this turbo I wont bother with a better mani and downpipe to help keep costs down.

Reaction score
Country
You're going to bring this to cornwall? I may have to enlist you for some local shows etc as tbh I really want to see this when it's done :D

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'm sure I could do that Chris.

Time to make some interest here. Need a bigger Ex housing as it is limiting the high lobe, flow might not be helped by my cold end intercooler end tank but its a very free system apart from that.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
That power just keeps rising! I think you'd be ok with the exhaust housing but depends if your chasing power? 400bho will be plenty.

Whilst you've got the car apart are you going to get the intercooler sorted 100% with a smooth elbow welded in?

Again man can't believe we are not gonna get vids anytime soon, we need the noise!!!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Looks pretty damn impressive buddy!
Are you chasing figures now then? As above I think 400 hp will be plenty for a road car, mine will be safely able to run 450 but I think I will run 380-400 as a nice usable power.
Is a shame you have had these issues but count yourself lucky you took it to Greg's!! Could have been a lot lot worse !
Will be back and better than ever, may as well tidy up all the little annoyances now it's going to be off the road a little longer

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I know! Unfortunately I was never there for the high cam VVL! I only have videos of the low! The high worked fine and would have made the noise, just I never heard it FFS! I bet it was immense though if I do say so myself. I'm not chasing figures but that is what Greg seems to think, just because the smaller ex housing is choking the high cam as it flows ridiculously on high cam! I do want response though... but I guess Greg is used to customers chasing figures! I do want to keep the S15 6 speed as I have put a lot of work into that with the nismo bush, refurb, circlip mod and short shifter. I may get Nicko's clutch as it will buy me upto 445hp and keep the Exedy Hyper single as a spare, and lower the boost to 1 bar for around 400hp, lol. This turbo has legs! I have visited the engine builder and will be having some written correspondence with them about what I am going to get off them. I think I have a pretty good case as in the CP piston fitting instructions it says use a torque plate and has their clearance specs which were ignored. These instructions they were in possession of at the time!!! I'm going get greg to drop the engine, if he hasn't already, he will rebuild.. again... and I'll have the shell moved home for the time being. Hopefully he can have done the engine by xmas and we can see about having it back on the road again. I'll put a few pics of the Canton sump up later

Reaction score
That is some power band! That head is like a better designed Evo head, they effectively did vvl on the Evo 9 and they do 400+bhp on a remap. Please upload videos when its done.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
You bet about the videos!! I wish I was there to see it and film it. As it is I only have videos of the low cam running.

Nicko's HKS clutch has just been added to the parts list.

My mate thinks his CBR 600 will be quicker in a straight line. We'll see...

Still need to think more about the ex.housing change and the results of driveability. Spool will be good on this turbo and my pipework/intercooler setup regardless, and I will want all the help I can get to beat the bike ;)

Some more photos that I have missed

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
What's the problem with the clutch then buddy? Thought the hyper were rated 4-450 anyway? You just love doing everything twice don't ya ha ha

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yea, boy do I love wasting my money. Exedy good for 400, and the HKS s.eems to do more torque. but mine is a more well used one anyway, but it'll be my spare

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah I see . I had been looking at the hks clutch myself but waiting to open my box before I buy another as I think mine has a nismo clutch .
Why cant our cars just be finished now ha ha

Reaction score
Country
It'll be quicker in a straight line than a cbr 600 with it's current power level I'd of thought tbh. 600's aren't that quick after all.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Been a while since a post, I havent seen the car since it got parked up at ProTuner for the engine to come back out.
I have Nicko's HKS LA clutch now, so capable of 445hp.
Over xmas I am just cleaning, polishing, tinting windows and making a new gearstick gaitor! Blue neoprene is the plan as my current one is very tired. Pics to follow

Legal action may start soon against the first guys that built the engine. Should have always gone to greg in the first place!

Sent from my SM-T315 using Tapatalk

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Not yet, its still all intact awaiting rebuild.
The last guys are being very quiet on what they actually did/didnt do

Reaction score
Hmm. I deal with this sort of stuff on a daily basis and it's incredibly frustrating because mechanics never ever let out what actual work has been carried out. I write engineer reports for For some very prestigious car manufacturers and they accept them, but, when you deal with a small company they don't half make it hard to deal with, even when all the facts are clear as day.

staying quiet is a sign of guilt In my opinion.

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeh, I agree!
I need these skills one day! Not something you learn overnight though. I should know, I have spent the last 4 years in training!
Greg will be providing some sort of dissembly report so that should go some way in proving right and wrong.