What's new

Track worthy S15

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, Allan, I'll give them a shout and find out what they've got. I don't really need the manifold but its going to give me a lot more space for the external gate. The only thing that sucks is I have no welding experience, nor do I have access to the equipment so I've got to get an elbow made for the turbo to downpipe now.

Reaction score
Well, I went to Santa Pod on Sautrday, I really wanted to run the car in the evening but didn't get a chance as I dragged the missus along and it was unfair to keep her there too long. I had a bit of difficulty getting the car off the line without spinning the wheels up too much so pretty much got a **** launch on every start without destroying the box as I really didn't want to side step the clutch. As a result the best time I got was a 12.9 at 112mph. I'll be honest, I was expecting higher terminal speeds, but it was very hot on Saturday so it wouldn't have helped with act's, but hey now I know I need cams and more boost to get the power I want. There's also a couple of videos.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
12.9 is a good time mate. I got 13.1 @ 110 when I went last year :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I wanted a 12, I could have done better if I abused the box off the line, but didn't fancy it :D

My wallet has been very busy recently...

I've bought a new Tial 38mm mvs wastegate from FR Sport as the one I got with the manifold was a brandless cheap external gate, which I never trust as everyone I've had through work is leaking. Suprise suprise, when I checked it it was leaking aswell.

I bought a private plate, never thought I'd have one but the S15 FTW ended up being too tempting. I'm just waiting for the documents in the mail now.

I recieved this from Craig today and fitted it after work, but I need some longer clips for the front bar as the standard ones won't reach through the carbon

I also got this in the mail today, which is my nice and shiny new braided hose kit for my top mount turbo setup from JAW (I ordered this on Wednesday last week and it arrived today:thumbs:)

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looking good mate. Glad you like the panel!! :D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Awesome time dude!! :) Yeah Pod is so slippy off the line I used to spin in every gear from 1 - 3 lol :wack:

S15 FTW - wasn't that up for sale by someone off this forum who has/had the white one lol?? Cool plate tho!!

Reaction score
Yeah, Andeep was selling the plate. I got the retention papers in the mail yesterday so going to try and get it sorted asap :D. I'm also getting my poncams ordered soon too, I wish is actually ordered them with the wastegate now to save on carriage, but I'm odd like that:wack:

Reaction score
Ordered the cams this evening, as I just couldn't be bothered to wait anymore:D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Ah yes Andeep now I remember!! :D

haha I've done it so many times regretting not to buy stuff so it comes in the same delivery... grrr... the way the human mind works lol?! :wack:

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Read up through this whole thread... what a speclist! Compared to mine this makes good power. Im @ 317hp at 1.1bar on a 2871. But the gearbox whines like my GF and it needs stronger valve springs etc :(

Good luck with the car :D

Reaction score
Cheers Larsz :)

My new Tial mvs wastegate arrived today, bloody good quality!

The cams should be here next week aswell.

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Looking good!! :D

Little question tho, you said earlier you didnt want a 5spd box, but do you run a standard S15 6 speed ? How does it cope with your current power?

Reaction score
Yes, I run a standard 6 speed box. It's coping alright actually but I've been warned what's going to happen when it goes back for it's next setup :D

I'll just have to see what happens, but if anything I really want to keep the 6 speed as I had an S14a before the S15 and I found the 6 speed far better!!

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Heh alright mate.

My gearbox is whining like hell and eventually all s15 boxes die. And since its not a daily anymore for me, i thinking of going for a Z32 box.. Well, we'll see what the future holds heh.
The only way to reinforce the std box, is by welding the circlip in place, or replace it by a thicker clip am i right? Found a thread on here that goes deep into box info :)

Reaction score
There's a few threads with good info, but nothing solves the potential weakness, which sucks a bit.

I bought some heat wrap for my manifold, I've never actually used the stuff before and I don't really want to ever again! :D

What a labourious task, constantly trying to keep is as tight as possible, while manouvering it through the extremely narrowly spaced collectors. Still it's done, and I prefer the dark look of the material.

Reaction score
Hi adam your s15 really looks like it coming along nicely.

Have you still got the powertune twinscroll manifold? interest in selling it at all?

Alan

Reaction score
Thanks, mate :). There's not a lot more to do, apart from fit everything and get the car mapped again, hopefully the cams will be here early next week then I can fit them with the Greddy rocker arm stoppers I've had for about a year.

I sold the Powertune mainfold late last year, unsuprisingly it was gone within a few hours of me posting the advert :D. It's now in Ireland on an E85 powered 200sx

You could always get your own one ordered, it took two weeks for mine to arrive and it felt indestructable. I can't remember how much it cost me now but it was in the region of £700-£800 with the Tial 44mm v-band connector fitted. Also, what I've found, with the mass amount of parts i've ordered from overseas is the only country I've paid duty/tax on is the U.S. I've paid nothing on the parts i've bought from Japan or Australia, which have all been brand new. However, the U.S stuff seems to be an odd one as I bought £800 worth of engine internals last year and only paid £60 in charges

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thats funny cus every consignment from japan i've had i had to pay import duty:( You must have been lucky.

As for the twinscroll i'm still debating about whether it really worth while or whether its just over kill. If i was to go twinscroll and had the choice i would go for the option of having dual wastegates which would bump the price up even more. What made you steer away from the twinscroll seing you'd already got the manifold?

On another note which ecu did you say you were going to go with Link G4? I'll be chosing a ecu before long but still considering my options.

Reaction score
when I bought my car I didn't originally want to change much, even though I had a complete engine/ecu/turbo, to hand, that would have reliably taken it. Still, as I still look back I probably wouldn't have gone the twin scroll route, even though it's the best way to opperate a turbo an a four cylinder engine. I just don't want 500bhp + in the S15. As I type that, I'm aready doubting myself, as I've been toying with the idea of putting a GT3076R core into my casings, this week.

Yes, I'm planning on getting the Link G4 ecu setup, but I've hit a brick wall this month with spending as i've got a lot going on with the car, parts wise, and other commitments.

Reaction score
Country
just red all thru the thread. It's really nice to see how you change your mind on your power figures while changing the turbo setup completely :D

I guess I won't be impressed if I'll see you buying a t51r and a cross box in the future lol...hell of a nice car anyway.

any specs on cams?

cheers