What's new

DB's S15 Build Thread

Reaction score
Country
I agree, wet weather performance looked a bit dodgy with the Advans, so F1 a2 it is...

First job back is to get the tires on so I can get the arches rolled and then fit all the suspension bits i've horded along with a proper adjustment of the coilovers and alignment/corner weight. Handling should be a bit better then :)

Need to get the Diff purchased as well, but that will have to wait for a bit...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sweet mate, must be nice knowing your finally going to start enjoying the car and all the parts you have accumulated for it!!! I'm excited for you ha ha sad I know

Reaction score
Country
Cheers mate :) .. Yep, 2.5 years without seeing the car and still focusing on parts for her was hard, but not long to go now, looking forward to clocking up some miles...

Plus looks like i'll have a garage in the place were moving into once back home, which is a real bonus, can see some late nights happening with this project :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Wow 2.5 years! I can remember when you first came on here ha ha
That's a nice bonus then mate I really need to get a garage I could get so much more work done!! Will e very satisfying building this up. Look forward to seeing some actual car update ha ha
It's gonna be quality man well worth the wait :D

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
And I remember when you started pegliobaglio :p

+1 to it being an awesome build. :)

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Reaction score
Country
It's come out very nice, same people did my rocker covers and they look pretty good also.

would have liked to have had more parts done but im leaving the US now so need to find a good place back home...

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
So awesome man! Powder coating looks so easy compared to painting ha ha ha if you acted like that with a spray gun you would have drips , runs , uneven coatings and all sorts lol

Reaction score
Country
Any update on this????? are you back here putting this together cant wait to see and hear this motor.Great work bud

Reaction score
Country
Thanks mate, Well I'm back home now and have put around 1000 miles on her since getting home, so so many things to do since coming back as you'd imagne, so not had time to post as yet.

But I'll be posting some pics up tomorrow after I've given her a proper clean and got the rotary out on the headlights as they are proper cloudy..

Also have a new set of coilovers now on order, custom build will be ready in around 4 weeks, so September is the time I'll be doing a major update on my thread as parts start getting fitted, but might post a few little updates along the way..

Had a real problem with the battery when I first started driving her, wouldn't hold enough charge to do more than 3-4 starts before needing to be jumped, so had to trickle charge it over night for the first week, seems better now, but still going to fit an AGM battery in the boot, job for this month I think.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Good call mate next on my list is battery relocation! What gauge wiring will you be using and which battery are you going for??? Want something bigger than the micra one I have now and want to delete the tray and fuse box to clean up the bay
Looking forward to updates =D

Reaction score
Country
I've really wanted a Braille battery for ages, but states side i bought a nice billet Optima battery tray which I've just unpacked, so think Im going to us an Optima Red Top Battery, its one of those AGM type batteries that can be used inside the car without poisoning you :).
Had an Optima yellow top back in the day when I used to be in the sound off circuit and it never skipped a beat.

Not a super light weight battery for sure, but reliability is key for me at the mo, might make space for a little braille battery to be swapped in for track days....

I want to have a play with a floating ground to see if I have any issues if not I'll only need to route the +VE to the front, wire gauge I'll calculate over the weekend, but it won't be any crazy 0 gauge for sure. Not going to be running any stereo..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice one man will look into the red top then I think. Defo something I have even looking to do as want to shave /smooth and tuck as much of my bay as I can when I paint it so relocating will be a good idea plus can have a decent sized battery then ha ha ha all sounding good mate! Exciting times ahead!
Also did you get your suspension in the frs sale? I noticed they have a sale on suspension parts now am trying to resist more parts ha ha ha

Reaction score
Country
I got my order in before the sale unfortunately, would have saved about $40, oh well.

I'll do a write up on the relocation works when I get a chance

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ah at least it's not like 200 lol
Sweet as man as defo something I will do once I have managed to get my Ecu sorted

Reaction score
Country
Properly back in the UK now and put down over 2000 miles on the S15, cool.

The power steering belt decided to self distruct while on the way to Coventry Friday, so it's been an interesting few days since then, new one being picked up from Nissan today, so will fit tonight.. thank god....

Not done much as been very busy since back getting back, but did pick up a temporary new AGM battery (Optima) and will be boot mounting hopefully this weekend. Still has a tiny Varta battery that discharges if you need to start the car more than 4 times a day :( But Optima should be in this weekend so that'll be sorted, will ultimately get a little braile battery in there instead, but picked up a good 2nd hand unit for a good price so that that for the moment.

First pic of the car on the forum for 2.5years, lol...

Decided I better get the rocket cover fitted..

2nd Hand Optima after a bit of a clean..

before - after

Will take some car picks this weekend, hopefully with the new wheels offered up if I can get a low trolley jack over the weekend.