What's new

DB's S15 Build Thread

Reaction score
Country
FULL RACE Goodies Arrived

Just arrived :D

FULL RACE SR20 Twin Scroll, Dual Wastegate with VE Flange.

These are the Inconel and Silver Plated nuts for the Turbo connection, these apparently don't need wiring and are guarenteed to secure the Turbo apparently.

Twin Tial 38mm MV-S Wastegates with the nice Full Race logo laser etched, me like...

This Full Race stuff really does look the part, well impressed.

Reaction score
Country
Work of art that manifold!

Never seen one where the back plate is split like that, its usually just one piece...spose when its done up tight it wont make a difference?

Reaction score
Country
Wasn't cheap that's for sure, but it's a long term build so taking my time to get the parts I want.I'm getting a twin scroll Turbo, so it's a twin scroll manifold and each scrol gets its own wastegate. For a single scroll set up would have gone for the usual 44mm wastegate, but as there's two went for the 38mm versions.

Reaction score
Very nice setup there, pal :)

I've got a Full Race manifold too, they're awesome quality. They're worth the money personally.

The head flange is split into sections from a few custom exhaust manifold manucaturers. Powertune in Oz do it too, as my twin scroll one had it from them, it appears to give a better sealing face to the cylinder head flange.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for your comments guys.

Hopefully all the time and cost will come to something special in the end, but there's a long way to go yet.

Next on the list while i'm waiting for Full Race to get my Borg Warner Turbo in, is the following: -

- Rest of the oil system (Oil Filter Plate, Oil Thermostat) - apart from all the hoses and fittings (going with XRP hoses and AN fittings) these are the last parts

- The Water cooling/venting system (Greddy Radiator Breather, Radiator Swirl Pot (was going with the Billion pot but have a fabricator friend who's making a custom one for me :D) - All being modified for AN fittings and then powder coating) and a new Koyo Race Spec Radiator as my FWIN rad is looking a bit ropey.

Then probably the rest of the suspension set up. Anyway, more updates in a week or so.

Reaction score
Country
I guess any set up will benifit from a swirl pot/breather tank, but if it's being track'd then the benifit increases a lot, I want to make sure that there's no air in the water system so i'm tackling this from two angles: -

Radiator Breather (Greddy Radiator Breather Tank 12300903)
http://www.240sxmotoring.com/grrabrta.html

And the Swirl pot to capture the air after it's been around the block and going back to the radiator, using both you're able to vent the majority of the air in the system.
http://www.nengun.com/billion/swirl-pot-header-tank

From the Billion website, showing the Radiator Breather Tank and Swirl Pot and how the air venting works with diagrams
http://www.billion-inc.co.jp/catalogue/img/027.pdf

I don't know how much use it will be for fast road, as my water temps have been good even when giving it some stick, but for Time Attack when it's being shunted all over the place it's some safety built in and general good practice for a dedicated track car I would imagine.

Reaction score
Country
Cor blimey that's a serious bit of kit dude!!!
This car is gonna sound absolutely insane!!!!
Cheers dude. Gonna have fun routing the wastegate dump pipes for these beauties... :)

Speaking with Full Race they won't sell my there downpipe as they have no experience with the S15 only the S14 (size/clearance wise) so that leaves the turbo to exhaust pipework, wastegate dump pipes and the exhaust front pipe up in the air a bit. Have been looking at GoodFabs for some custom inconel pipework, either that or I get them fab'd over here.

Either way it's gonna sound crazy, lol

Reaction score
Country
wow...I'm speechless. I salute you....Every single part is going to get upgraded in your project. Well done and keep it coming!

Reaction score
Country
wow...I'm speechless. I salute you....Every single part is going to get upgraded in your project. Well done and keep it coming!
Cheers mate, Your 15 has been a real inspiration for me, it's looking great, I have a thing for TE37s as well :)

You've worried me now, I hadn't thought about that before, I've just checked my project spreadsheet and I think your right, I have pretty much everything listed as being changed/upgraded or modified, oh dear....

Lol, oh well - in for a penny :)

Reaction score
Country
Just a little update.

I've just received the Earls Oil Cooler Thermostat and a bunch of AN fittings to mod my Power Steering Tank and Greddy Radiator Breather Tank.

Before I post any pics i need to get them welded on and powder coated, should be within the next week or so. Then the oil cooling systems complete, but still need the water swirl pot but that will have to wait for now. I hope the power coating comes out nice....

The other thing i've been working on which i'm quite excited about is the Drive By Wire Throttle Body and Pedal Set up.

I've just ordered a LS2/LS7 DBW 90mm throttle body and DBW pedal for a Covette Z06, the TB will be fitted to a modified Mazworx intake manifold.

The pedal electronics is being removed from the pedal assembly and fitted to a Tilton 72-603 Aluminium Floor mount 3 Pedal Set (on order). ;)

So I've taken the plunge now and forced myself to upgrade my ECU from my HKS Fcon V Pro (which doesn't support DBW TB's).

Fcon V Pro (ver 3.3) will be for sale shortly.

Now I need to decide on the ECU... Choices, choices....