What's new

DB's S15 Build Thread

Reaction score
Country
Nice Mate! that is 1 serious tank and future racer kid kekeke !

Try not to mount directly in the boot 12 oclock position like mine. Maybe the side or like hypnotik's. I couldnt use my boot now even for spare tyres which is really poor planning to begin with.
I had to build the box as well to prevent things in the boot knocking against the tank and pump.

Nice parts too for the engine. Looking forward to seeing the results! Keep it up... thumbs!

Reaction score
Country
:) cheers..

It looks more and more like the car is going to be a dedicated track car now so not sure i need to carry a spare anymore.

I've been having a good think about the boot area and I need to plan to fit a Aeromotive stealth fuel tank (15g version), the Snow water/meth tank and the optima battery (might change to a small race battery down the road), spares out the window I think.

I've just sold my GT2871r :(

But immediately ordered a BW EFR 7670 :)

Reaction score
Country
Couldn't help myself over Christmas, bought some new suspension :)

All from Fortune Auto

Constructed from Aerospace Grade 6061 Forged Aluminum & Cryo Treated Steel
Japanese Manufactured Heim Joints with High Quality German Teflon Inserts

Rear Upper Control Arms

Traction Rods

Toe Rods

That just leaves the Ikeya Formula front LCA and Rear A Arm plus Ikeya tie rods and ends to get...

Will have all these fitted with the brakes soon.

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
They look sexy.... how much were they?

Reaction score
Country
Pretty good price to be honest, they were $220 usd for each set. I've been waiting ages for them to release the RUCAs as they developed them specifically to fit around their coil overs, it's taken them about 6 months longer then they blogged they'd be released, but the finished article looks really good.

Reaction score
Country
Just had a chat with Full Race about the Borg Warner EFR Turbo I've ordered, they've said it's on 4-8 months back order! due to Borg Warner being the main supplier of Turbos for the Izod IndyCar series and them basically not having any left, no really :(

Bloody good job I don't need it in a hurry....

But Full Race have said they'll make me a custom dual waste gate, twin scroll manifold for it, so I've got plenty of time to save up for it, lol..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Dude this car is gonna be one of the nicest 15's around the parts going into this are top notch can't wait to see it all finished!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ +1

Dude I sooo wanted to buy your GT2871R for my 14a but alas, I need funds elsewhere at the mo!! :(

Love the bling and your new turbo plans :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, tip top parts here. It's not often you see people paying for alloy suspension arms but I bet they weigh a lot less and last a lot longer than the usual DW stuff.

:)

Reaction score
Country
Dude this car is gonna be one of the nicest 15's around the parts going into this are top notch can't wait to see it all finished!
Me too mate, but i've got to be patient and get the parts I want rather than the parts I can afford lol, should have some actual pics of the car soon :)

^^^ +1

Dude I sooo wanted to buy your GT2871R for my 14a but alas, I need funds elsewhere at the mo!! :(

Love the bling and your new turbo plans :thumbs:
Cheers mate, I really didn't want to sell it to be honest, such a good turbo, but with my power plans now off the chart, had to go with something a bit special. will update on the turbo and manifold once I get some more info from Full Race.

Yeah, tip top parts here. It's not often you see people paying for alloy suspension arms but I bet they weigh a lot less and last a lot longer than the usual DW stuff.

:)
If i'm honest I didn't think too much about the alloy construction but now you say it, result :) they've also got a lifetime warranty including track, drift use which is cool..... The RUCAs are steel and the toe/traction are alloy and pretty light.

The main reason for getting them other than the fact that they looked quality and a bit different was the fact the RUCAs are sized/shaped specificaly for their large 57mm piston coilovers which i'm going to be using, actualy the ones i'm getting haven't been released yet (DREADNOUGHT PRO 2 WAYS) due out later in the year, i like having most of the suspension parts from the same manufacturer, the parts they don't sell that I need will be Ikeya Formula :cool:

Reaction score
Country
Full race goodies

Little update.

As i've just sold my GT2871r and some other bits no longer required and I had some money burning a hole in my wallet, so i've just bought the following (delivery is around 4 weeks so pics then): -

FULL RACE

• SR20DET RWD Twin Scroll T4 Dual 38mm wastegate flange with VE head flange
  • 2 x Tial MVS 38mm wastegates with Full Race Logo
  • M10 x 1.25/M10 x 1.5 Inconel Stud and Nut Set

This is a custom manifold as they don't stock it, as it's a new build rather than an off the shelf manifold they were able to use a new turbo flange as there existing flanges are all 3/8-16 hardware fittings and I wanted one specificaly for the Inconel stud/net set (otherwise you need to tap it for M10) which they came through and confirmed they would do it for me.... :)

Next on the list is the Borg Warner EFR 7670 T4 Twin Scroll Turbo, can't wait......

Reaction score
Country
Sweet!

Never knew you were going down the VE head route? Should be impressive when done! Gotta love SR's revving at mad rpms :D

Reaction score
Country
Sweet!

Never knew you were going down the VE head route? Should be impressive when done! Gotta love SR's revving at mad rpms :D
Yep, going the VE route, I didn't want to be blowing rockers all over the place, I even bought a stripped DET head ready for solid lifters and a full build (which I still have), but in the end I really like the idea of variable valve timing and lift and also not having exploding rockers :D so VE it is.....

Going for a full build on the head, supertech valve train, Kelford cams, loads of WPC treatments and as much machining and polishing as I can throw at it... should be good for the 8.5k max i'm looking for.

Luckily my Fcon can control the VVL cams, so no extra control needed.... but... might be going with a Pectel ECU now :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Coolers

Little update,

While i'm waiting for my turbo to become available thought i'd get a few other bits.

Oil Cooler and Power Steering Cooler (I've already got a HKS Oil Cooler on mine already but I wanted to have the same style of coolers for the front set up, so here they are)

Now I need a remote oil filter plate and the oil cooler thermostat, a ton of AN fitting, hoses and custom brackets and it's done :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Oooooh been waiting for this update,where did you purchase them from mate ?they look very nice! Need to replace my core soon

Reaction score
Country
Their Earls cores and I got them from Summit Racing in the US, Summit is just a massive on-line automotive store mainly for NASCAR and other US racing but it has some stuff relevant to our cars. They have a good selection of Fuel Cells so that's on the list :)