What's new

DB's S15 Build Thread

Reaction score
Country
Wow I m so excited for you! I think we share a common situation, you in the states car in the Uk, I'm in the Uk car in Singapore. I can't wait to go back!

Pls let mi know if the DbA is any good. Was on my wish list for a long time, just not a priority.
Suggest the advance zd, keeps the dash clean. Shows all the regular readings, plus voltage, exhaust temp. Need to buy the exh sensor separately though. Does not read boost so that has to be separate.

Reaction score
Country
Are the shims a mitsubishi part or do you order them through brembo my evo calipers are a bit creaky? Those disks look quality mate!Awesome mate! I have blue defi's they looks the nuts!
A lot of nop notch parts going into this build ,gonna be sweet when its all finished!
The shims are a Mitsubishi part, as the Brembos are OEM, Mitsu sell them, I got mine from a friend who knows a trader on the MLR that sells them, cost around £25.00, good value considering it prevents the famous Brembo brake squeal..

You got the Blue BF gauges, cool.. Got any pics lit up? I'm intending to buy a gauge a month over the next few months, want to replace my existing Greddy (boost, oil temp, pressure, water temp) gauges that are in the vents, I'm going for a custom main gauge cluster and the new gauges in that will be blue, so makes sense to change the greddy ones to match, also got a blue LED interior light off RHDJapan last year which looks proper cool at night.

Reaction score
Country
Wow I m so excited for you! I think we share a common situation, u in the states car in the Uk, I'm in the Uk car in Singapore. I can't wait to go back!

Pls let mi know if the DbA is any good. Was on my wish list for a long time, just not a priority.
Suggest the advance zd, keeps the dash clean. Shows all the regular readings, plus voltage, exhaust temp. Need to buy the exh sensor separately though. Does not read boost so that has to be separate.
Your right, we definately share a common situation.. and I can't wait to get back as well...

Will let you know about the DBAs, there getting fitted next month, my mate who's looking after the car is complaning about the brakes and he's not wrong, they weren't good when I left and with the winter coming they need sorting, also my lights are like candles, lol. So I bought some months ago the same HID kit that Lupix bought and there getting fitted in a week or two, might have a chance of seeing more than 10foot in front of the car..... :)

Like you said about a clean dash it's what I want as well, I have an AVC-R stuck on the dash and I don't like it there, so it will be relocated to the glove box. The Advance ZD is a nice unit, but i've already got a HKS Camp2 and the Fcon connection cable, so a lot of the information from the ECU and Fcon is displayed on the Camp2. What isn't displayed such as EGT, boost will be sorted with extra sensors (they cost about £80 for each different sensor here in the US), so need to get some of these as well. I just like the vent gauges so that why I'm keeping these, but the Camp2 will be the main display unit for all the sensors.

The main dash gauge cluster is going and a custom dash being fabricated, won't say much more on this until it's done, but It should be pretty cool once complete.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the dyno results you get with the top mount set up fitted and also the comparison between the water/meth active and not active on your set up, i'm sure it will be surprising for people to see the difference... I'm sure you'll be able to set up your water/meth for a wide rpm range, it's usualy just based on a boost level, if you dial in a low ish level then the water/meth will be active over a wider rpm.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Cheers for the info mate,my friend is on mlr I will ask her to get me a set through the trader!
I have the normal bf defi's they look awesome! I have a couple of pics I think will try post em up later on,when I get my new battery I will get a little vid of them for you mate,they are awesome!I am going to do all the lights too,slightly differently though agonna have red lights when the doors are open,then blue footwell lighting when driving.

Reaction score
Country
cool, looking forward to your next update! closely following this thread too.
In honesty if the car was based in the uk, I could pick up a few bits from sx-si whos breaking his 15.

The getrag gear box -- drool!
mission fan cover -- drool, seems more expensive though then buying new.

Reaction score
Country
Just bought an SR20VE complete engine from a Jap engine importers in New Jersey, VE here we come.

It's expensive to ship complete engines here probably around £200, so i'm going to drive to NJ (only a couple of hours) and stick it in the back of my company car (Big Ass Buick Enclave, :) ), should be fun.... Should be able to pick it up within the next few weeks.

I want to replace the valve seats with beryllium copper alloy seats (Tomei sell a kit for the SR20DET), but i'm still trying to find out if the VE seats are the same size as the DET seats, this will be the first job once the head is off and it's been cleaned, need to do this before any valve machining or combustion chamber CNC'ing. It looks promising that I can use the DET valve seats as the DET 1mm oversize valves are the same size as the VE 1mm(intake) and 2mm(exhaust) oversize valves, so hopefully they both share the same size seat... Will update once i find out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Water/Methanol Injection

Some more parts arrived today (Thanks Wife :) )

Snow Performance Stage 3 Water/Meth injection kit.

Pressents :)

Nossles

Nice digi controller

All the bits

My HKS Camp 2 has been sitting in a box for months, so i've decided to get this fitted along with the HID kit i've also had sitting in a box for weeks, booked in for a couple of weeks time and then will post up some pics...

Reaction score
Country
Lol, Yep, gonna be a long road, but should be a cool build in the end. Just gotta get the bigger tank, updated solenoid for the boot mount, flow safe unit and flow gauge, phew. Should have these all soonish though and then the water/meth gear is complete.

I've decided to get all the ancillaries before getting the motor parts, nothing more depressing then having a fully built motor and then having to save up for all the other bits.

Major parts next will be the intake, throttle body and injectors. Still getting other bits done at the same time like the alternator and starter polishing though, let's see what Xmas brings :)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Sounds good mate! My project is on hold now till my type r is sold had to cancel my energy order too :(
It will still be done just gotta wait till the end of jan now which is lame! But hey ho
The build is coming along nicely mate,can't wait to see it all finished!

Reaction score
Country
No way, I knew you were back in the job market, but I didn't realise the 15 had to go, that's proper bad news mate.....

Good Luck.....

I hope another 15 is on the cards for when you can..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Na mate the s15 staying 100%
Just selling my civic to keep me ticking along till the rest of my money comes in jan then if all goes to plan will be setting up feb/march time if not sooner if I can!
Even if I end up having to sorn it I will keep it

Reaction score
Country
little update

Just a little update.

Bought some bling with a nice Nismo Billet oil filler cap and also a Power Steering Reservoir Tank. The tank comes will push fitting, but as i'm going AN fittings throughout i'm now on the look out for a local company that can weld on the AN fittings without making a mess of the nice finish on the tank.

I'm going to tuck the tank in the front corner of the engine bay so there's a short pipe length to the pump and the PS cooler i'm going to fit behind the currently unused right side air intake. Looking forward to seeing oil cooler on the left, PS cooler on the right and a big ass FMIC in the middle, :)

A few pics

Should have some news on the VE head soon, just haven't had the time to pick up the VE lump yet, also noticed the same place i've bought the engine from is selling a used Z32 box for $299 !!! very temped....

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Nice little update!
Looking forward to seeing some pics of the car when all the bits are fitted nice idea for the cooler placement etc.
That sounds like a bargain for the box dude!

Reaction score
Country
Cheers guys...

I'm getting a bit depressed at being 3000miles away from my car, so I think i'm gonna start shipping some of this stuff back home and get it fitted with the original engine in for the moment.

Going to start with the PS cooler set up and then the water system swirl pot and header tank. Will post the updates.

Got a turbo gasket leak at the moment, so i'm having the turbo/manifold off and all the gaskets replaced just to keep her running nice for the moment, also getting my HID lights fitted this week. Hopefully there be better then the candles that Nissan fitted to the 15, lolol.....

H

Hawks

Love the thread and car mate! Definitely thinking of some carbon dipping myself, assuming yours was :)

Reaction score
Country
More Parts

In the new year i'm going to start fitting parts to the car mainly for set up and test (it all has to come out at the end of the year for the weld in roll cage, seam welding, tubbing and paint), so finaly i'll be able to add some new pics of the car.

But for now I have a few new parts to add to the list (pressies - thanks wife :))

Snow Performance 26L Tank plus uprated soleniod for boot mount

My 3yr old Dexter getting involved..

Snow Performance - Safe Injection Flow Gauge

Tomei Cam Gear (need another one now for the VE)

ATI Super Damper - A must have for a high spec build (eliminates torsional crankshaft vibrations)

HID kit was recently fitted, having problems with the beam alignment but should sort that soon (if anyone has any advice on beam alignment let me know, cheers), pics to come

New Brakes first to be fitted in the new year, just need a few bits from DB Power and the Brembos can go on with refurbished rear calipers, ultimately i'd like to go with a K-Sport set up but for now I'll see how the Brembo's, DB4000s and DS2500 fair.

I

ice515

the car is coming along very nicely am picking up alot of good info for my build coming mid/late 2012 will keep a close eye on this!

should be a weapon once your finished!