What's new

FS: S15 Carbon Cooling Panels

T

tinto

You can simulate the look by draping your grandad's tweed jacket over top of the front bumper, then squinting ;) ;)

I like the way Kevlar looks, just couldn't miss an opportunity to take the piss ;)

Reaction score
craig - now seeing the image of the panel on the car. The holes that i do not require being cut are the bonnet catch, 3 bumper fixing holes, the air intake duct. and the two holes infront of the bonnet stay catches. Don't know what these are for?

Reaction score
You can simulate the look by draping your grandad's tweed jacket over top of the front bumper, then squinting ;) ;)

I like the way Kevlar looks, just couldn't miss an opportunity to take the piss ;)
Well im glad you can simulate that, maybe you could simulate how you were dropped on your head at birth? As some of us may not know the difference between the carbon kevlar and just the 'carbon'.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Well I'm picking up lots of panels tomorrow so if my phone fixes itself by then I will upload a pic. I won't have chance to post these out until Monday though as I won't be home until then.

Wayne, if you go onto google images and type in carbon kevlar there will be lots of pics there. It is a mix of black carbon strands and yellow kevlar strands. It is more impact resistant then carbon fiber as a material, not that it would make any odds in this panel! I can't upload any pics at the moment as I'm on a work computer.

:)

T

tinto

Well im glad you can simulate that, maybe you could simulate how you were dropped on your head at birth? As some of us may not know the difference between the carbon kevlar and just the 'carbon'.
Yechh... Take it easy, I wasn't being serious.

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
craig - now seeing the image of the panel on the car. The holes that i do not require being cut are the bonnet catch, 3 bumper fixing holes, the air intake duct. and the two holes infront of the bonnet stay catches. Don't know what these are for?
Ok mate. I'm not too sure which other 2 holes you mean. Can you circle them on the pic for me so I get the right ones!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I've just picked the panels up that are ready. I've attached a close up of the Carbon Kevlar so you can see what it looks like :) You may notice that the holes are not cut yet. I have to take them somewhere else for this. Here they are..

4x Fiberglass
2x Carbon
2x Carbon Kevlar

Reaction score
Country
Wayne, if you go onto google images and type in carbon kevlar there will be lots of pics there. It is a mix of black carbon strands and yellow kevlar strands. It is more impact resistant then carbon fiber as a material, not that it would make any odds in this panel! I can't upload any pics at the moment as I'm on a work computer.
I cant believe you've actually got internet on a work computer. let alone one without restrictions to get onto here. :(

Also i love kevlar.. just a shame my bonnet is carbon fiber.. otherwise i'd have some kev!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeah, they look good close up too! Some of them have tiny bubbles trapped in the CF but you can't really see them unless you get close up. Bit of a shame but it can't be avoided with this type of construction.

Carbon Canards would be easy as they are virtually flat. I could make them at home in my garage and have a friend who works in the structures section at work who can make anything out of sheet aluminium. These things are only cheap though if lots of people want them to share the cost of making the moulding which I can't really imagine with cannards. You may be better off buying a sheet of formed CF from carbonmods and cutting it yourself.

My next project will be exhaust manifold heat shields but not until all the cooling panels have been made as I have enough on my plate at the moment, but watch this space!

Jase, I'm fairly sure it's only me here who uses this site so I'm safe for now! Can't get on photobucket or anything else like that though!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It sure is Dan :) I'll PM you over the weekend and arrange a time to drop it over. Do you want all of the holes cutting in yours?

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
They are looking awesome Craig, Great work.