Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
They will come, I promise.
In the mean time, which sump....
Canton £234 delivered + tax

or Tomei £250 delivered (will take longer) + tax

I prefer the look of the welded designs and I think they are a bit tougher than the cast versions, and easier to repair. I have seen one example of a hinge coming off a Tomei one and blocking the oil pickup.
The Canton one is pretty unique, turning forces plus braking and accel all sorted! Welds look very nice too

Opinions?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Quick decision, 5 compartments beats 3, Canton ordered!

Reaction score
Country
well when entering a corner backwards at speed whilst sliding.. you will have a good oil pickup

like so

Last edited:

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
What a Legend!

And one teasing picture

Need some HKS ones, seeing as I have their BOV, ECU and suspension!

Last edited:

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Bugger. Throttle body and intercooler end tank locations. ALOT closer than I thought.
This needs to be sorted out ASAP before tuning on Monday!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
One solution would be to come straight out of the intercooler with a short straight silicone pipe and then get a 180 horse shoe hard pipe, connected to a silicone 70-90 ish degree pipe? Sort of creating a loop in the old battery tray area!

the fan will get in the way if you try and connect directly to each other maybe?

Gona be a pain to sort, any other ideas?

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Yeh, I had thought that was about the only non-cutting solution. What put me off was the 180deg bend robbing me of a bit of boost as Air really wants to go as straight as possible. :s

The last manifold and TB was going be alot further away, and closer to the fuse box, so giving me a bit more space. At least I don't have to move the fuse box though!!!

As it is this afternoon I have been running about like a blue arsed fly to find an Ali welder who can re-weld my intercooler end tank! Successfully fortunately. I am now waiting for a 76mm 90degree aluminium bend to get chopped up and made into an end tank.

Making a template tonight!

Phew is all I can say. Tuning in 6 days!!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Plan is still evolving. The bent tube idea still requires a bit more room, so I'm just transforming the end tank into a right angle so point right at the TB.

Shortest Cold pipe EVER

Template taking shape

Maybe not the perfect flow solution but time pressures are forcing my hand a bit!

Reaction score
Country
Got access to a TIG? if so i would cut into the end tank and make a exit pipe angled at your TB, while in there i wold also put a vertical baffle to two too direct air flow so at to not have a pressure build up just as it leaves the intercooler, but how much time do you have im guessing thats a good 6 - 7 hours of work. You might have to just sacrifice that corner off your fan frame, im guessing the fan blade is far enough away.

Or for now just so it can be running, until you have got time to fabricate something like that, a 90' silicone + 45' will get you running with a bit of rubbing or you fan frame

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Ah yeh, the fan shroud. The fan blades are miles away fortunately, and the amount of air those things shift when they come on I am not worried about losing the corner :)

I do agree that I could do with a more elegantly welded solution. I'll have the bloke that is welding it chops the right angled corner off and weld in a plate so that it is a bit more of a passageway for the air rather than a box.

Im pretty sure it is all too tight for using any silicone, especially as I have to bump up the diameter of the pipe to 83mm for the throttle body. Fat tubes!

Max

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
On the up side, the engine bay is going to look more or less like this :D

Reaction score
Country
Ah yeh, the fan shroud. The fan blades are miles away fortunately, and the amount of air those things shift when they come on I am not worried about losing the corner :)

I do agree that I could do with a more elegantly welded solution. I'll have the bloke that is welding it chops the right angled corner off and weld in a plate so that it is a bit more of a passageway for the air rather than a box.

Im pretty sure it is all too tight for using any silicone, especially as I have to bump up the diameter of the pipe to 83mm for the throttle body. Fat tubes!
I dont have the stock fan and shroud setup either (twin electric with shroud), so i had to cut that exact same corner off to accommodate intercooler piping, providing there is a bit of plastic frame that goes around the fan itself it should not lose too much strength