What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

B

b17duf

I run 350Z brakes on my S15.

I have been through a few sets of wheels on the front so I will let you know what clears the calipers.

Volk TE37 17x7.5 +30 (about a 3-5mm clearance to the caliper)
Volk GT-C 19x8.5 +27 (I run about -3.5 camber to get these under the guards, not to fit the rims, but thats because I run a track alignment all the time)
Super Advan 17x8 +35 (the tri spoke ones, huge amounts of room, so much that I reckon theres enough room to fit another caliper in there)
AMG Techart 17x7.5 +35 (needed a 3mm spacer to only just clear the caliper)
Looks like i might only need a small spacer then, hopefully.

Thanks

B17DUF

Reaction score
check how much clearance you have now between your wheel and the standard caliper. To fit the Z33 Brembos your going to need about 10mm clearance as the calipers are physically bigger and the offset if 5mm less so they stick out further.

Good luck with it.

Reaction score
Country
Ive just ordered the following from Perfectrun...

WORK XD9 Matt Titan Bronze

18" 8.0J 114.3x5 +35 (front)
18" 9.0J 114.3x5 +43 (rear)

Along with APEX coilovers im hoping these will fit fine. Reccomended fitment by WORK themselves and at least gives me the option off adding spacers if needed.

T

TonyS15

Enkei RPF1
Front 18x8.5 +30 tires Hankook Z214 245/35
Rear 18x9.5 +38 tires Hankook Z214 275/35 (requires rolling rear fenders just slightly)

Right Ive seen some alloys im really keen on, currently running Advans Model T6 Cavity 6spoke 17's with 245/45/17....not sure offset but its perfect setup for the size, im also running Yashio Factory Adjustable Coilovers, with ride hight set about the middle (to be precise).haha
But after seeing these id love them but the sizes are:-

4 wheels = 18inchx8.5 114.3 x 5 +30 Offset,
from what i've gathered reading the whole thread people have a bigger offset on the rears like +35....however these are +30 all round will i have a problem?
Im unsure on this at the min.:confused::confused:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Right Ive seen some alloys im really keen on, currently running Advans Model T6 Cavity 6spoke 17's with 245/45/17....not sure offset but its perfect setup for the size, im also running Yashio Factory Adjustable Coilovers, with ride hight set about the middle (to be precise).haha
But after seeing these id love them but the sizes are:-

4 wheels = 18inchx8.5 114.3 x 5 +30 Offset,
from what i've gathered reading the whole thread people have a bigger offset on the rears like +35....however these are +30 all round will i have a problem?
Im unsure on this at the min.:confused::confused:
Have a look on reply #24
http://forum.s15oc.com/showpost.php?p=17658&postcount=24

Depending on your alignment settings and the design of the coilovers, you might need spacers in the front.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You are going to have to roll your arches at the very least. Even then you may have problems. I've got 18x8.5 +32 offset. The rears JUST clear the rolled arches and the coilover height at the front is restricted by the width. My alignment is all sorted. +35 would be better.

Reaction score
time for new tires on the volks and im after that stretched tire look! What size tire do you guys think will do the job? Rims are

front 17x8j offset +28
rear 17x9j offset +28

on the rear the tire at the min is a 235/40/17 so what do i go for?

P

pablo

225-235 on the 9 ive tried both. 225 exposes the edge-235 just peels back

go on tyre bibles (great website..all calculators and info on tyres on this page)and enter in your wheel size. and go either one or two immediate sizes down from the reccomended

P

pablo

Khumo 215/35 18 x 9 see below (the wall pulls back just enough to tuck the tread under the arch whilst leaving only a tiny amount of the wheel lip showing)

below is a 225 40 18 falken fitted to a 18 x 8.5 - it looks as it has provided more stretch - maybe as the wheel is white and or because brands will vary (i have been told that the size you buy has 10% worth of tolerance) also (not teaching anyone to suck eggs) it looks a little different as the side wall is different 225 = the width 40 = the % of wall to the width (not the size in mm as i once thought)

between the two pics one in fact has approx 1cm more of sidewall

225 40 will go on just fine but not much stretch as it is perfectly fine to fit to a 9 inch rim in the first place. the tyre will angle back a little though.

explanation:

according to the calculator a 225 40 17 will fit on any wheel size between 7.5 x 17 - 9 x17 if you want the more stretched look try one size down

215 40 17 which is recommended for wheel sizes of 7x17 - 8.5 x17

this would be the one tyre size down from the recommended tyre size...would give the same look as a above but provide a little more sidewall and be easier to fit.

again you could afford to go one tyre size down even further but then issues with tyre fitters become a problem, as many wont have a bead breaker (high pressure inflater used to fit very rigid lorry tyres etc.)

go onto http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg2.html

type tyre sizes into (about halfway down)
'An ideal rim-width calculator'

this will give the above info i have written.

BRAND is also very important choose something with a stiff sidewall for stretching khumo, fedral, toyo, yoko and falken are all very good for stretching with khumo being on of the easiest to do, although not hard when only one tyre size down

if its just for drifting then nankang (many crazy stretch videos on youtube using this brand) stretch really well but maybe not something great for wet roads.

i did a little write up om stretching here

http://forum.s15oc.com/showthread.php?t=2568&page=2

i am in know way an expert but i did a little reading when trailing tyres on my wheels when i first put on the firbe glass arches (very nervous on catching them)..... the tyre people i know were awesome and test fitted 4 different tyres sizes for me. if you get stuck on any queries that you think i can help on. pm me and ill call you or msn pm etc

Last edited:
B

b17duf

Looks like i might only need a small spacer then, hopefully.

Thanks

B17DUF
finally got round to getting my brakes on yesterday and with my style of wheel (Ultralite Twins 18 x 8 ) i needed a 3mm spacer. This leaves about a 1mm gap between spokes and caliper, boy it is close. Does any body know the size if the smallest hubcentric spacer available 10mm maybe ?

B17DUF

P

pablo

wouldn't think you would need hubcentric at 3-5mm

i think h+r only do 10mm as their smallest

H

hk^s15

Below are a few of good fitments to show everyone what you can actually fit to the stock guards since everyone is so afraid to run lower offsets on their rides. I made this mistake and is regretting now! However this post is only showing what fits flush(my term of flush is top rim is very near the guards and bottom rim is sticking alittle out) Hope everyone can learn from this post of what you can and cannot fit.

All the cars below are running at stock guards rolled unless specified.

Wheels spec:
F 9J x 18 Offset +24 Tyres: 225/40/18
R 10J x 18 Offset +34 Tyres: 235/40/18

(The front protrudes abit, wider front arches will fix that but I still like it :p)

o0o just noticed my ride has been posted in this thread. just to clear things up the fronts had next to no camber on them when those pictures were taken :down:. now after wheel alignment and some neg camber they sit flush @ the front :thumbs:. i'll find the print out i got from the suspension dudes and update this post with all the camber, toe, caster settings.

bah this is the only half decent pic i can find after the alignment. (also note front bar has changed from Vertex to Origin)

Last edited: