What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

Reaction score
Country
Hey Guys,

Losing my mind here trying to work this out.

Currently have some coilovers on the car (driftworks ones)

Prospective Wheels: XXR 527 18"

They only do these in a few sizes which are

9.75 x ET20 or ET35
8.75 x ET20 or ET35

I'm wondering if these will fit my car with standard arches (not rolled etc) and if I'll need spaces and if so how much?

I basically just want them to be flush with the arch without the need to roll etc, without spacers if possible. Slap them on and be happy with it (alignment done ofcourse.

Happy to stagger 8.75 for front and 9.75 for rear.

Anyone know if this would work and if so what offset would I need?

Thanks

PS.

I have some 245 Tyres ready for the rear and 225 for the front.
+ K-Sport 8 pot rear calipers on front.

I'm hoping that should fit fine?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Hey guys are any of you running 18x9.5 all round?
Im thinking of buying Rota GTRs 18x9.5 ET30 all round. would anyone have any advice?

Reaction score
Country
I was running 18x9.5 square with spacers equalled et10

fitted fine, dialled a bit of camber on the front...rears no issues at all

Reaction score
Country
Not sure of the inner clearance at the front et30 guys usually run et12 on 9.5s rear should be fine anyway

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
thanks for the reply guys i didnt think the rears would be an issue more the front my arches are rolled and im running HSD coilovers i dont mind running abit of negative camber :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Et30 will defo need spacers on the front probably 15-20 mm I should imagine . I ran 9 et20 on the front and that was fairly tight to the shock

Sent from Big Bear Kustoms Ltd using tapatalk

lp1121

Reaction score
Country
afternoon people

just brought xxr 527D

which are 18" et 20 all round

got 225/40/18 tyres on atm

how much camber do people run with that setup and how much arch roll?

i have tried rolling the arches a bit but think they need more

Reaction score
Country
i have exactly same wheels (which colour did you go for?) literally run a degree or so from and back

i only have my arches lipped...no pull

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
My photobuckey account like everyone else's doesn't work but

I do on istagram (hugh_janus)

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@lleesmaa
Hello,

Any you guys running meatier tire setups? Wondering what i could run in the future to track the car with grip racing in mind.
At the moment i'm running oem s14 wheels and oem struts. Looking to go for BC racing ZR series and Enkei RPF1 wheels. Preferring near ET45 setups as i don't want to mess up the wheel-suspension geometry. Would be widening the rim evenly then as much possible. Stock body.
Wondering also if the ET45 rim spokes will clear the brake calipers also as they might be different with every rim width. Any RPF1 owner could input their setup regarding their ET45 and rim width setups also.
Got the car with Buddy club P1 wheels 17x7 ET43 that had horrible 30mm spacers on, not going to run with those.
If theres a wheel better for the job in these specs, you could also offer those.

Thanks

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I don’t have RPF1s but I have seen one with 17x9.5 ET18 all round which looked incredible. Pretty sure it had some meaty tyres on it too. Think it would have had the arches rolled but I highly doubt there were any brake clearance issues with that sort of offset.

Again, I don’t have RPF1s so I can’t say for certain but I don’t think ET45 will clear the calipers without a spacer. Even if they do clear the calipers, if you go wider than the OEM wheels then chances are you’ll have clearance issues with the coilover.

Hopefully someone who has those wheels can come and tell you I’m talking rubbish now ��

Reaction score
Country
I don’t have RPF1s but I have seen one with 17x9.5 ET18 all round which looked incredible. Pretty sure it had some meaty tyres on it too. Think it would have had the arches rolled but I highly doubt there were any brake clearance issues with that sort of offset.

Again, I don’t have RPF1s so I can’t say for certain but I don’t think ET45 will clear the calipers without a spacer. Even if they do clear the calipers, if you go wider than the OEM wheels then chances are you’ll have clearance issues with the coilover.

Hopefully someone who has those wheels can come and tell you I’m talking rubbish now ��
ive been thinking about wider wheels too lately. what tyres could you run on these 9.5's with rolled arches? surely the fronts would need some stretch?

Reaction score
Country
ive been thinking about wider wheels too lately. what tyres could you run on these 9.5's with rolled arches? surely the fronts would need some stretch?
Depends on how low you want the car and how much camber you’re willing to run. I can’t say for sure about the tyre size.

If it’s any help, I have 17x9J ET22 on the front with a 215/45 tyre and 17x9J ET18 on the back with a 235/40 tyre. I could probably have a 225/40-45 on the front with no clearance issues. Front has a very small amount of camber as does the back with rolled arches all round.

215 on a 9J wheel is the most stretch I’d want to be honest, starts getting a bit silly after that. I’ll stick some pics on my members cars thread thing for reference.

I used to have a 17x9.5J ET38 on the back and that had plenty of clearance.

Reaction score
Country
Depends on how low you want the car and how much camber you’re willing to run. I can’t say for sure about the tyre size.

If it’s any help, I have 17x9J ET22 on the front with a 215/45 tyre and 17x9J ET18 on the back with a 235/40 tyre. I could probably have a 225/40-45 on the front with no clearance issues. Front has a very small amount of camber as does the back with rolled arches all round.

215 on a 9J wheel is the most stretch I’d want to be honest, starts getting a bit silly after that. I’ll stick some pics on my members cars thread thing for reference.

I used to have a 17x9.5J ET38 on the back and that had plenty of clearance.
Ah legend. thanks mate!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
No worries! There’s loads of good info in this thread if you have a lunch break or something free to scan through it!
I'll try plough through some of it tomorrow ;)

Where did you get your arches rolled? Been thinking I should get mine done before I get new wheels too so I can get it all nice and flush.

Reaction score
Country
I'll try plough through some of it tomorrow

Where did you get your arches rolled? Been thinking I should get mine done before I get new wheels too so I can get it all nice and flush.

Carson Performance. I was going to use Arch Enemy but I think they’re both the same person and my car was there anyway for some other work so got it done there. Only needed the rears done as the fronts were already done so it was £100 and they sealed them too which is nice.

Arch Enemy are a call-out service though, so they can come to your house to do it which is convenient.

Reaction score
Country
Looking to get some work d9r.

18 x 8.5 +32 front
18 x 9.5 +38 rear

Not running coilovers at the moment but will in the future. Guards arent rolled. Will these fit alright?

Reaction score
Country
Hello,

I am buying Work - JDM Concept GT5 3P wheels and really need some advice with the offset.

So my setup is:

MCA Street Performance coilovers
Fully adjustable Hardrace arm front and rear setup
Factory S15 brake calipers
Standard s15 wheels
Guards aren't rolled currently but will roll both front and rear

Wanting to run:

Front 18x8.5 (A Disk - standard rim)
Rear 18x 9.5 (O Disk - deep rim)

Low profile wheels - open for suggestion on sizing :)

Just need some advice on clearances so I can choose the right size. Which rim depth would be perfect, do you think?

Even though I can adjust the camber, I daily drive my car, so munching through tyres wouldn't be preferable

** there is a pdf chart available to download at: JDM Concept - Work JDM Concept GT5 3P [Set] **

Your help is very much appreciated!

Cheers

Last edited: