What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

Reaction score
Spacers are no substitute for offset......don't fear offset.......never buy wheels that fit the car, make the car fit the wheels.....wheels make or break the whole look of your car.......go mad ;)

Y

YVR

Hi i was wondering if 18x9 +35 all around would fit.
Will i need fender work or spacers?
also i'm wondering what tires you recommend with them

Stock suspension
no fender work atm

If i'm posting in the wrong section please link me to the correct section.
Thanks!

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Spacers are no substitute for offset......don't fear offset.......never buy wheels that fit the car, make the car fit the wheels.....wheels make or break the whole look of your car.......go mad ;)

What kit is this buddy, BN-Sports blister wide?
How much wider does this make the car, just wondering cause of the 13J rim....

Reaction score
The kit isn't wide enough at 95mm wider than stock so it's being widened. It is the BN blister kit though

Reaction score
Country
I'm having issues with wheel choice at the minute! I bought a set of Cosmis Racing wheels which were exactly what i wanted however.. Sized at 18x9.5 et10 front and rear they require too much work. The rears would have gone on okay with some arch work and camber; the fronts were catching on the caliper (due to concave design) and would have caught my coilovers with tyres on. I'm now going to sell these and was thinking of ROTA GTR-D's. I'd probably buy these in sizes; Front - 18x9.5 et12 and rears 18x10 et12.

I tried a set of ROTA GTR's from a mate sized at 18x9.5 et25 and they caught my coilovers on the front. My stock s14 wheels that im running at the minute are jut about catching on my front coilovers to! With the GTR-D's being et12, am i right in saying this would bring the wheel further away from the coilovers?

Bloody wheels! Thanks

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Well it would theoretically move it further out, being a D the hub will be further into the wheel barrel. So again move it out so you should be good!

Ive seen alot of D's on 15's so you should be cool!

How are the s14 wwheels almost touching the coilovers?

Reaction score
Country
Fingers crossed on the D's then!

I really don't know! Honestly, even 5mm closer and i think they'd be rubbing. Don't know if anyone else is running Ohlins coilovers and having similar issues with wheels?!

Reaction score
Finally got the wheel covered, going to blend the arch in with the overfender then 0 the camber and then low as poss

in the end the arches had to be 150mm wider each side

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Not sure I like the arch extensions yet. But I have poor vision so will no doubt look great when blended and painted

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
I wouldn't be 100% sure but you have L type Discs going by the current offset so I reckon you would be safe with a +35 offset up front, will probably need a bit of camber or stretched tyre to keep it under the arch though :thumbs:

Reaction score
I wouldn't be 100% sure but you have L type Discs going by the current offset so I reckon you would be safe with a +35 offset up front, will probably need a bit of camber or stretched tyre to keep it under the arch though :thumbs:
i may just fit it on the front hope it clears the caliper, had to put spacers on with the 8.5s just to clear it but not to gone on spacers

Reaction score
I ran 9j et25 on my old silvia with no arch work or stretched tyres. Rubbing really depends on how low the car is. If your really worried why don't you test fit them

Reaction score
I can't see you having a problem but worse case as said dial in a bit of camber. I had to max the camber on my last silvia when I put the professors on it they were 9.5j et12 I was getting through tyres soooooooo fast running on the side wall. My new Meisters are 10j et -23 on the front and 13j et -35 on the rear but I'm running a lot wider arches

Reaction score
I can't see you having a problem but worse case as said dial in a bit of camber. I had to max the camber on my last silvia when I put the professors on it they were 9.5j et12 I was getting through tyres soooooooo fast running on the side wall. My new Meisters are 10j et -23 on the front and 13j et -35 on the rear but I'm running a lot wider arches
yeah that off set is crazy mate what you going to do with it when your done is it a showcar?