What's new

Ultimate wheel fitting guide

Reaction score
Country
I'm still yet to get proper pictures (said i'd get them for my build thread), but with the car being under a cover in the garage its an effort ;) ha. These are the only pictures i've got:

18x9.5 et10
-3 camber
Arch Roll and roughly 5mm flare

Love this, good work :)

Mycool

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@S15_wot
18x8.5 et35 front. 18x9.5 et30 rears. Arches not rolled, Hsd coilovers - would this fitment also have a problem?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I Think with a 9.5 you will need et38. The fronts will be close to the coilover, you may need 5mm splipon spacer. Or a et 30.

On the rear I run a 8.5 et30 and that's about right without a roll.

It's a tough one as each wheel is different too so can always be abit of a estimate.

Reaction score
Country
i have a line on some used rims... 18x8.5 et22 all around
coilovers, body kit, but stock fenders and such. think thatll work?

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys, after a little help please.

I'm looking at my first set of wheels for the Silvia.

I'm looking at JR11's but not a clue about fitment other than what I can guess from reading this post and looking at members rides!

So I thought I wanted 17" wheels but the jr11 only come in 8.25 and 9.75 with et35 and et 30 respectively. Will these fit inside stock arches? If not the 18" version comes in a ton of offsets.

This is the link to the wheels to look at if anyone wants to take a look at the different combinations for me.

http://www.jdmdistro.com/shop/15-wheels/new-japan-racing-jr-11/

I've got a 2000 spec s but want to put it on tein street advance coilovers. I'll only lower it over the wheels rather than trying to for the wheels in the arches for now if that makes sense.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
I'm not sure if you've seen this, but it's helpful!

http://www.willtheyfit.com/ - wheel size calculator

For me, I fitted 9" wide 17s @ ET25 and I needed the rear arches rolled to get a reasonable height. I think 8" width would be a straight fit @ ET35 without need for arches rolled. I probably could haven gotten away with running negative camber, but might as well do the job properly. It was very close. It was the rears I needed rolled and if you intend to have 9.75" on the rear then that sounds to me like you need flare, but I there are plenty of others who've gone wider than me here so they'll probably be able to add more than me.

If I have any rubbing now, its the front arch liners and I have to corner super hard to get that to happen. I might increase the damping on the front a bit.

Reaction score
Country
Awesome dude thanks for the advice. I'll use that link tomorrow and probably gonna order the wheels straight away if it says they fit. Might as well give it a try!

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,

I have a S15 that is running r33 gtst brakes and i have been looking everywhere for anything that will tell me the perfect wheel fitment to clear the bigger brake caliper.

I am currently running 19x8.5+38 with 235/35/19 and im pretty sure the tyres are stretched. I was looking to downgrade to a 18" rims with tyres that are wider and have a larger profile. So can anyone that has been in this situation and knows what will fit perfectly please tell me what worked for them.

Any help would be appreciated as i have not found anything at all on this matter.
Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Yo gents!

Looking at getting some new wheels!

Spoke to driftworks as well but want an opinion from the forum!

So standard hubs, HSD monopro coilovers! Need to know what's best for fit! I got recommend rota grid drifts, GTR-D's and Torques.

Just want recommendation on what's best width/offset to run as minimal camber as I can!

Edit: Arches are rolled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Best sizes for a non widebody is getting some 8,5j for the front and 9,5j in the back, if you wanna go wider and more stance you should go for 9,5j front and 10 or 10,5j in the back, depends on how you wanna go and what et you wanna go

Reaction score
Country
Ta bud!

Well I have a slight man crush on GTR-Ds, 18x9.5 rear GTR-Ds, and then GTR's on the front 18x8.5.. Offset I have always struggled with.

The options I got for the rears are ET12 and ET25, and the fronts are ET30/35/40.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
ET numbers sounds about right, maybe you should visit rimtuck.com to get the best idea of what is coming?

Reaction score
Country
Haha, basically the opposite then? il jump onto rimtuck in a bit and have a look! Ta bud

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
8.5 and 9.5 et25 or 30 fits perfectly under stock arches with decent sized tyres. I ran this set up with 225/40 on the front 255/35 on the rear with a light roll on the front arch and rear arches rolled flat back: et12 won't fit without stretched tyres. camber and arch work: pointless .
Currently running 18x9 et20 and 18x10 et38 and you know how that looks! Will be up for sale soon if you fancy so work wheels

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Ta mate!!!

Ohh man, why do you tempt me ! Would be dependant on how much you'd want for them, but i do love those wheels

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha well they are discontinued now so they must be worth £100000000 no? no worries dude will drop you a message when I have decided on price. Ps if you have a look on my fb is some pics of my car on gtr's 8.5 f 9.5 r et30 all round

Reaction score
Country
Sounds about right to me mate! Nice one, il talk to you about it at Japshow mate! But I had look man and they do look delightful!

Reaction score
Country
Guys, i'm after some wheels. Possibly CST HyperZeros.

Would 18's at 9j and ET30 fit okay on the front?
Backs would be 18's again at 9.5J and ET23, not sure if they'll be a bit too 'crazy fitment' though...